Gang, in this thread we say Howdy! to sherb

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member
Guys, say that we live in a world where that somnabitch sherb lurked here from time to time to make sure some of us, without naming names, make fun of his incredible love of all things Bon Jovi. Knowing this, wouldn't you want to give him a how-do-you-do message?

Well now's your chance.

Please send your most heartfelt emotional greeting to our fallen friend sherb in this thread.

Replies

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I hope that Richie Sambora rejoins the band so they can be one again. Much like Sherb and the Lodge, something is not right..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    I was trying to think of something witty to say that tied in with Bon Jovi, then realized I don't know any of their songs, and spent 10 minutes trying to determine if they were the band with the one-armed drummer, because I had a great joke about how half of the Lodge members ALSO spend their days beating on things with just one hand.

then i remembered that was Def Leppard, who like Bon Jovi, also suck.

I am really bad at this whole "saying hello" thing, aren't I?
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,736 Senior Member
    I hope you get the judge appointment because your ditch-witch and concrete-laying skills aren't going to put food on the table!

Also, have you had the chance to do any steelhead fishing this fall?

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member
    Dude your chacos are showing. Try being a bit more professional for a change will you.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    Sherb. Move that drift boat out of the driveway.

Sincerely,
    HOA ****.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,244 Senior Member
    Sherb, just post for f***s sake. We all know you're lurking, and we all know you're unemployed.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Dude your chacos are showing.

Saw me some fur-lined crocs the other night at a shoe store. Classy! I wonder if Sherb owns a pair?

DSC00134.JPG
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I wonder if Sherb owns a pair?

Probably, but in pink.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,015 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Probably, but in pink.

I had to threaten my wife to keep her from buying me a pair of those in dark green. I wear my standard ones until the fall apart, so she thought I'd like some warm, fuzzy ones.
    Incidentally, can anyone confirm or deny the report that Sherb has taken up with Savannah in the Lodge ether?

Jim
    magalloway wrote: »
    Incidentally, can anyone confirm or deny the report that Sherb has taken up with Savannah in the Lodge ether?

They've opened a bakery together. It makes only red velvet cake that can be eaten in a closet.

I tried Googling Idaho Judicial Elections and they are held in even number years.. I guess we won't hear from the Ol' Sherber till next year..

Mike
    Even then, Mike, I fear his position (should he get it) may compromise his ability to participate in online forums, Facebook, etc. At least that is the excuse he will use to look down upon us commoners. ;)
    If this is true then I won't be contributing to his campaign fund..

Mike
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,580 Senior Member
    I am curious why my teasing was deemed more offensive than what others have said.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.