Today's philosophical discussion topic

2»

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,739 Senior Member
    That does not show up in my polling results. Do you have a routing number?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Did Chester A Arthur have a routing number?
    Then I don't need one either.
    You should receive an email shortly to thank you for participating in this survey, feel free to open the attachment.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,882 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    The idea that the U.N. created Israel out of guilt for the Shoah is pretty insidious.

Not so much insidious as far too simple. The "sympathy vote" was a factor in earning public support for the idea, and perhaps carried some weight within the Security Council as well.

BTW, to stay true to the spirit of this thread I must report that according to my sources it was not Claire Booth, but rather Mrs. Chester A. Arthur whom Dorothy Parker described as "the original good time had by all".
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • The problem is that the statement leads to the argument - "Why did the world penalize the Arabs for something the Germans did?"
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,882 Senior Member
    The problem is that the statement leads to the argument - "Why did the world penalize the Arabs for something the Germans did?"

The answer is somewhat ugly, but simple. Because the Zionists (used in a neutral sense) and other Jews had better lobbyists, more political savvy and clout and a better fighting force. The ugly part is that back then, as now, Arabs were considered Grade B Semites.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeb-bush-baby-****

So wait, did you get the idea from this poll or did they get the poll idea from you?
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    My time machine works!

Now sherb and I can travel back in time and join Bon Jovi,and our destiny will be realized.
    I wonder if Jeb! would abort baby ****. Probably should have a hypothetical discussion.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Did Chester A Arthur have a routing number?
    Then I don't need one either.

Well No. But that's because he was a Canadian citizen.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,809 Senior Member
    Jeb! is a cold-hearted SOB.
    I wonder if Ben Carson would kill baby ****? Did young **** wear a belt buckle?
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I wonder if Ben Carson would kill baby ****?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I like the interviewer's last comment. Nothing like being unbiased and reading things into Carson's answer..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    that "interviewer" is PFTCommenter, the greatest man in America right now.

Here he is at one of the early debates:

CLw7BWuUwAA02IZ.0.0.0.jpeg

Here is the shirt he is wearing in the above picture and likely while asking Carson the **** questions:

tshirtcolor_large.jpg?v=1439919905
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Sorry, I never heard of him.. Off to Google.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,809 Senior Member
    "Ok. Pro ****."

Jesus, that was funny!!!
  • swiperswiper Senior Member Posts: 396 Senior Member
    Hypotheticals like this serve no purpose.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.