Netanyahu Has Brain Fart

ricinusricinus Senior MemberPosts: 6,214 Senior Member
Are we rewriting History?

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.681525

Mike
My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Replies

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,947 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Are we rewriting History?

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.681525

Mike

you know that's some serious hate when you go out of your way to defend **** as a means of throwing the Muslims under the bus
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,290 Senior Member
    In fairness much of the rest of Netanyahu's statement is factual and I think Netanyahu is horrible embarrassment.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I never got past his **** reference..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    OMG, now I've seen it all, but he may have just overdid himself.

rewriting history has been forever, history is a tool to be used. recently the big texas textbook company (McGraw Hill?) who set the "standards" for most textbooks used in public schools all over the country, changed the word "Slave" to "worker." Thankfully they were stopped dead in their tracks before they went out. I wonder what the reason is behind saying that the civil war was fought over "workers" might be? It could be very interesting reviewing a middle school history textbook.

If you think you know some things from reading books, esp about "history" I suggest doubt what you think. But that's something we should be doing anyway.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    ricinus wrote: »
    I never got past his **** reference..

Mike

I got a little farther, he'll say anything, esp when it gets some attention. A nice way to get your message across eh? He's kind of brain dead for a politician sometimes.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,565 Senior Member
    Slaves being called workers. Holy hell...
    They probably wanted to unionize and that is what sparked the Civil War.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    A nice way to get your message across eh? He's kind of brain dead for a politician sometimes.
    Politician? He's a cheesy salesman.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,947 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    OMG, now I've seen it all, but he may have just overdid himself.

rewriting history has been forever, history is a tool to be used. recently the big texas textbook company (McGraw Hill?) who set the "standards" for most textbooks used in public schools all over the country, changed the word "Slave" to "worker." Thankfully they were stopped dead in their tracks before they went out. I wonder what the reason is behind saying that the civil war was fought over "workers" might be? It could be very interesting reviewing a middle school history textbook.

If you think you know some things from reading books, esp about "history" I suggest doubt what you think. But that's something we should be doing anyway.

if you're still teaching from a mcgraw hill textbook, you're doing it wrong

actually, any textbook.....
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    true but guess what texts most of America uses?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,683 Senior Member
    Dave - check your IMs.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,290 Senior Member
    That kind of goes without saying.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

This is an interesting column. Thanks for posting it.

What Will outlines is generally accepted by historians.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Will's piece comes across to me as a bunch of psychobabel. Lots of people might authorize elimination of things they hate, IF they had the power.There is nothing extraordinary about people who strongly hate. Adolf happened to have the Power to follow through.
    It remains to be seen if the Iranian leadership is willing to risk the consequences of attempting to eliminate Israel. Their behavior can also be seen as the typical use of anti-Israel demagoguery to justify their political power. Will's column can be seen as another attempt to eliminate all alternatives to an invasion of Iran.
    creekguy wrote: »
    Will's piece comes across to me as a bunch of psychobabel. Lots of people might authorize elimination of things they hate, IF they had the power.There is nothing extraordinary about people who strongly hate. Adolf happened to have the Power to follow through.
    It remains to be seen if the Iranian leadership is willing to risk the consequences of attempting to eliminate Israel. Their behavior can also be seen as the typical use of anti-Israel demagoguery to justify their political power. Will's column can be seen as another attempt to eliminate all alternatives to an invasion of Iran.

That was not the important point; that **** and his inner circle placed defending one's own "race" law of the jungle style above nationalism is.

I recall reading parts of Mein Kampf as a student. The professor's point was that had that book been taken seriously, there would have been no surprises about Herr Schicklgruber's actions when he came to power.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.