Top Ten Things You Should Know about Economics

2»

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,762 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    btw I know a number of Spanish, Irish and Greeks. They'll all tell you the forced EU austerity caused the problems to just bottom out. Some non EU countries actually spent more and recovered unlike most on Steven's list. No time for links, I am just about to pass out. No GWB didn't force them, but the U.S. collapse did. I know, I know it's everyone elses fault.

403372_203347116456998_1259038796_n.jpg
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    Iceland was one of them.

I think all people around the world should familiarize themselves with the right Wing conservative utopia of Kansas. Stunning proof of the awesome power of trickle down economics, privatization, no unions, they have an exploding GDP, worker pay is going through the roof, healthcare costs dropping rapidly....because of those slashed taxes.

Wisconsin could be as successful as Kansas very soon.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,023 Senior Member
    The collapse was the fault of those bankers that took unwarranted risks and refused to see the writing on the walls.

And who gave them the ability to take those risks?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,762 Senior Member
    You have ability right now to stab yourself in the eye. Whose fault is it if you do it?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.