Republican Debate Tonight

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 6,586 Senior Member
A) Answer the **** questions!!!
B) Ted Cruz gives me the creeps and simultaneously scares the **** out of me. In a different time and place he could have been a ****-esque figure.
C) Flat tax? Really?

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    B) Ted Cruz gives me the creeps and simultaneously scares the **** out of me.

Good. It's not just me.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,586 Senior Member
    No hyperbole on my part either. He seems like an especially dangerous sociopath. Luckily, he has as much of a chance at the R nomination as you or me.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,317 Senior Member
    I love how in Cruz' mind a question about the math of Carson's tax plan was not substantive.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,522 Senior Member
    I've not watched any of the debates....

but I find it interesting how both here and on social media, folks who are right-leaning and vocal are applauding Cruz's debate performance, but those who are more centrist or left-leaning and vocal think his response to the questions was of dubious value at best. Been noticing that trend on other stuff, too. I don't think that's the case of all folks in all the categories, but more just of those who take the time to comment.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    I didn't watch the "Adult" table debate, just empty pandering is all you'll ever hear from any of them. I did however listen to the Children's table debate, well most of it. I never thought I'd say this but if I were a rep, I'd vote for Lindsey Graham, that guy has made some major turnarounds, he quite surprised me. But I expect if and when he runs for the Senate again, he'll be soundly defeated by the tea party after the things he's been saying. But I am guessing he may have already given up like a lot of "moderate" republicans.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    I didn't watch the "Adult" table debate, just empty pandering is all you'll ever hear from any of them. I did however listen to the Children's table debate, well most of it. I never thought I'd say this but if I were a rep, I'd vote for Lindsey Graham, that guy has made some major turnarounds, he quite surprised me. But I expect if and when he runs for the Senate again, he'll be soundly defeated by the tea party after the things he's been saying. But I am guessing he may have already given up like a lot of "moderate" republicans.

likewise, with the exception of his defense posture. He's the most overtly hawkish figure in American politics that I can recall
    I love how in Cruz' mind a question about the math of Carson's tax plan was not substantive.

Even as a liberal who wouldn't vote for a single one of the chuckleheads that was on the stage last night, I felt the moderators spent too much time posturing and leading into the questions, too much time trying to spark known or assumed rivalry between the candidates, or otherwise trying for "gotcha" moments. Sure, asking about the math of Carson's tax plan is legit, but many of the other questions almost left me blushing because they seemed to justify the right's paranoia about the MSM. Whatever happened to simple questions about the candidates policy positions?
    How much of that was about Trump? Trump means fireworks and fireworks equal ratings. BTW since when is a financial news network, MSM?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I've not watched any of the debates....

but I find it interesting how both here and on social media, folks who are right-leaning and vocal are applauding Cruz's debate performance, but those who are more centrist or left-leaning and vocal think his response to the questions was of dubious value at best. Been noticing that trend on other stuff, too. I don't think that's the case of all folks in all the categories, but more just of those who take the time to comment.

Actually even the liberals on MSBC, were saying last night was his night.
    BTW since when is a financial news network, MSM?

Didn't you know? MSM = "any source other than Fox or Brietbart, but sometimes Fox when they disagree with me"
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,943 Senior Member
    Did I miss something important on TV last night?
    Not for you.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,943 Senior Member
    Hmmm...my life isn't complete now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,586 Senior Member
    Didn't you know? MSM = "any source other than Fox or Brietbart, but sometimes Fox when they disagree with me"

Best definition I've seen so far!!!

I just love how the "news" network with the highest viewership numbers isn't a part of the mainstream.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.