Home The Lodge

Jon Hendren Defends Edward S. on HLN

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    Revealing the nature and extent of the program should have been fine and as Americans we had a right to know. But releasing those classified documents that revealed ongoing covert operations putting those operatives in mortal danger should put him and the reporters that printed that information at risk under the espionage act.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    You didn't really cut into the meat of the video though and need to pierce through the rhetoric. there's quite a sharp contrast to what you wrote.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I still want to hear Ed B's comments on Edward S.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 3,084 Senior Member
    Snowden is a patriot who performed a great service to the Amercan people by revealing the extent to which each one of us has had our communications recorded by the government. I haven"t seen any evidence that anyone has been harmed.
    Would you let him in your waterbed?
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 3,084 Senior Member
    Not Edward Scissorhands, he'd cut the bed.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    Not Edward Scissorhands, he'd cut the bed.

Zing! 2 points for Ed. Wouldn't letting someone in your waterbed lead to drowning?
    Ed was created on top of a mountain by Vincent Price, incomplete, with scissors for hands and no heart. Ed is a complete hero to me.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Ed has more heart than any of us.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement