Home The Lodge

Guys, check out this sweet bomb I just made

124»

Replies

• Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »

As a scientist, it's heartbreaking thinking of this kid, who was incredibly proud of his creation, being lead away in handcuffs because dopes assumed the worst about some kid based partially on their own ignorance of science, ignorance of race, and ignorance of the kid's religion. People rail about how this country has turned to **** (their dopes), but one way to not do it is to start handcuffing kids who are enthusiastic about science and engineering.

So much this ^^^^!

the only saving grace is that the backlash will probably open up so many doors for the kid that he can write his own ticket now.

btw, speaking of ignorance -- earlier in the day I ran across a meme showing three guys in turbans and beards, waiting for a subway. Next to them was some big bear of a dude in a jacket, opened to reveal a T-shirt that proudly proclaimed "Infidel". The accompanying caption read something like "Train fare: $3.50. T-shirt: $15.00. Photobombing three muslim dudes in an infidel t-shirt: priceless"

which was even funnier since the three guys were, clearly to anyone who has a clue, Sikhs.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    It's not just the suspension. But also that he was lead away in handcuffs, detained and questioned without his parents. That doesn't happen everywhere when the kid isn't brown or Muslim. But it happened in Irving. And for a reason.
    I would suspect it does happen, and frequently. It just isn't newsworthy because nobody can cry "racism".
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Name me two things that a conservative Texan hates more than Islam and science. This kid was practically begging to go to jail.

LEGAL immigrants and Yankees.:rolleyes:
    How many non-muslim kids in Texas do you think are able to walk into school with their science experiments without being arrested?

Zero, Ahmed being a freak of nature as the only Texas kid interested in science.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 12,019 Senior Member

What's your point? Kid builds nuclear reactor at his parents home in a garage.

School followed zero tolerance policies that are in place for the clock incident. Welcome to paranoid America.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    What did you find out about Irving Texas and their views on Muslims?
    Alarm-clock-010.jpg

Ironically true. It HAS destroyed many a good night's sleep.
    What did you find out about Irving Texas and their views on Muslims?

Their mayor is a nut job. But that doesn't mean her views represent the views of all residents there.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    What's your point? Kid builds nuclear reactor at his parents home in a garage.

School followed zero tolerance policies that are in place for the clock incident. Welcome to paranoid America.

You are deluded. Building a clock violated no rules. Show me someone that was arrested for doing their homework.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Their mayor is a nut job. But that doesn't mean her views represent the views of all residents there.

They voted for her.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,152 Senior Member
    After reading this thread I'm going to need to watch the Republican debate to get back some of my brain cells...
    They voted for her.

"They" voted for Scott Walker 3 times in this state. I can't stand the guy.

So the fact they voted for her doesn't mean it represents the views of all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2
    It represents the views of enough.

11391545_10153387094678958_4410953582111280313_n.jpg?oh=676ec7609bbc8787dca3cc074bb23765&oe=56A51F89
    You are deluded. Building a clock violated no rules. Show me someone that was arrested for doing their homework.

The funny thing is I agree with you and Hex.

The reality is that zero tolerance policies are what is deluded. Not me.
    It only takes a majority to be wrong to institute bad policy in this country.
    The funny thing is I agree with you and Hex.

The reality is that zero tolerance policies are what is deluded. Not me.

I am curious why you have such a vested interest in denying the existence of Islamaphobia. Especially when it was pointed out that the Mayor is a known Islamaphobe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement