Home The Lodge

Republican Debate (Varsity Team)

2»

Replies

• flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I just turned to Mrs. Hextall and said "there are some people that will take Trump's medical advice."

And we can't euthanize those people. Stupid constitution.

I'm still reeling from the knowledge there is a Mrs. Hextall.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    CNN moderators absolutely sucked. It was like starting a kindergarten fight. "Sally said Jimmy has cooties. Jimmy, what do you have to say about Sally?"

Fiorina rocked it, in my opinion. Her answers on Planned Parenthood and Putin were what the base wants to hear (right or wrong), and calling out Trump about his explanation about what he said about her looks was the line of the night.

Rubio and Christie (maybe Kasich) helped themselves. Trump and Carson held their own. Everybody else has to be a negative.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    CNN was terrible. But I bet Fox News was saying "Genius!"
    I should add, I enjoyed watching the debate like I enjoyed Mystery Science Theatre 3000. I used to think I am not the intended audience for the republican debate (not being in a political party* and all), but based on the questions from **** CNN, maybe I was (their goal was to get me to laugh and point, they just didn't think I'd be doing it at them too).

*as a person not affiliated with either political party here in NH, I actually can vote in either primary come February. I'll be soliciting bribes at the appropriate time.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    *Attaboy, Hex!
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    MST 3000, I like the parallel.

I tuned in to see Trump say some stupid things. CNN's questions kept that train rolling for at least the first hour and got my viewership.
    Guys, I had a dream while taking a nap just now that sherb believes Rand Paul won the debate. He also said that he made cummsies in his pants when thinking about the Huckabees making their large children while lying on a bed covered with $10 rolls of quarters.

Weird, but I believe this dream is true.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,298 Senior Member
    So... you had a dream about sherb? A "moist" dream about him?
    It was, as sherb would say, slippery when wet.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    the Huckabees making their large children while lying on a bed covered with $10 rolls of quarters.

This gives love a bad name.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement