This Country Has Really Gone Down Hill

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 4,868 Senior Member
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/horrible-tasting-mexican-beer-popular-105700662.html.

Seriously! The 5th most popular....god that is vile. Since when did goat **** become such a favorite?

Replies

• flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Goat? I thought it was alligator ****. Those who drink it use the lime to kill the taste. But then what can you expect from beer drinkers? Glad I quit 30 yearsa ago.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    It really is just Miller High Life in a different bottle.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    So many people have destroyed their taste buds from smog, smoking, snack food, etc. they don't know the difference.
    It could also be that we know the difference and we just like beer that tastes like soda water.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Everybody remembers their holiday in Mexico I guess..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    Haven't these people heard of Modelo Negra?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »

I'm betting the all inclusive resorts have Corona.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

I was always a Dos Equis guy myself.

TheMostInterestingManInTheWorld_1426.jpg

Before Corona became popular, most of my Mexican friend's Dads drank Tecate.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,969 Senior Member
    Negra Modelo is indeed a fine beer. Corona makes Coors Light seem palatable. Another beer that is absolutely atrocious is a relatively new (to me) brand called Landshark Lager. Holy ****... I won't even drink it.

About a million years ago, me and an Air Force buddy went out to lunch and asked the waitress what kind of beer they had. She replied, "Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Michelob, Miller MGD, Miller Lite and Rolling Rock." He deadpanned to her, "So... You have one beer?" She obviously didn't get it.

This has been another edition of Hextall's True Stories. Filling in for Hextall, I'm Shawn C.
    You know what else is just terrible? Heineken. I thought Europe was better than that. **** wouldn't have let that ****-beer happen.
    Heineken was better in the 70's. Something changed either ownership or they started brewing it here, I don't know.

Do they still make Moose Head? It was skunky, but I used to like it.

BTW I was never a fan of Rolling Rock.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,626 Senior Member

I like that one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, Moosehead is still pretty popular back east.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,154 Senior Member
    Another vote for Modelo Negra
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Here is funny that I ran across last night that talks about our nation's cheap beers:

http://deadspin.com/36-cheap-american-beers-ranked-638820035
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,868 Senior Member
    25. Yuengling

It always saddens me when I travel to the DC/Baltimore area and go to restaurants that have this on tap. It is pretty crappy.
    When you are next back there collecting your pot of gold from the Military Industrial Complex, drink some Dogfish Head beers.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    When you are next back there collecting your pot of gold from the Military Industrial Complex, drink some Dogfish Head beers.

Oddly enough I will be fleecing you tax payers on another boondoggle in a few more weeks. I had one of their IPAs before not sure which one, it was pretty good and I am not a big IPA fan. I see they have some sort of brown ale...I am going to have to find some of that.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    I don't mind a Corona with lime. Coors works too.

[/fishes with bait, drinks cheap beer, sits in baby pool with kid]
    seppala wrote: »
    I don't mind a Corona with lime. Coors works too.

[/fishes with bait, drinks cheap beer, sits in baby pool with kid]

Nice pool Sep...or should I say Daddy Warbucks
    jbilly wrote: »
    25. Yuengling

It always saddens me when I travel to the DC/Baltimore area and go to restaurants that have this on tap. It is pretty crappy.

Okay now I am reporting YOU.
    Lone Star should be number one on that list.

BTW Yeungling is Americas oldest brewery, so there.
    Jim, there is a Dogfish Head beer called "Sixty One." It is brewed with Syrah grape must. Yes, it sounds odd, but it is very good.

Speaking of wasted tax dollars I just got to see an F-35B do it's hover landing today. Not a total hover because our airfield is too high and we don't have the right kind of surface for it, but it went into full VSTOL mode and landed at about 50 knots. It was pretty cool.
    Okay now I am reporting YOU.

LMAO.

I am just hoping George isn't a beer drinker or he just may ban me for life for this one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.