read it and weep.....

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
tomorrow morning, I'm leaving for Craig, Montana where (after a detour to photograph a roller derby team in Spokane and possibly visit with a good friend alongside the S. Fork CdA river) I will meet up with my fishing buddy Vern. There, he has secured the services of a great fishing guide for 5 consecutive days, and has invited me to join him fishing for big trout for as many of those days as I can.

Alas, a prior business engagement requires that I leave after fishing on Wednesday, but I'll get three solid days of fishing in, plus whatever I can pick up along the way on Sunday, since I'll have all day to travel maybe 200 miles.

our last trip involved catching and releasing 20+ fish apiece, that looked something like this:

9089770571_b5d1e9d261_b.jpgDSC_6806 by Scott Butner, on Flickr

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,868 Senior Member
    You are supposed to be suffering in 114 degree weather not having fun. Sounds like a blast looking forward to your pics.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    Best way to deal with 114°F.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    Good on you.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,969 Senior Member
    Sounds awesome, Scott. Drive safe, have fun and share some photos when you get back.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I am doing something similar this weekend, i going to nyc to sit in a van and collect water samples from a manhole all night long.

I really wish what I wrote was in code, but it is literal.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,868 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I am doing something similar this weekend, i going to nyc to sit in a van and collect water samples from a manhole all night long.

I really wish what I wrote was in code, but it is literal.

So are you kidnapping this man? How do you plan to lure him into the van before collecting water from his hole? Do you know which man it is? If so please post his name...I'd like to tell him to defect to Syria, he might be tortured less there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.