Home The Lodge

Smoke detectors and CO monitors?

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 6,023 Senior Member
I wanted to take a survey to see if anyone has ever had the batteries in one of these devices die during the afternoon?

I am pretty sure there is some law of physics which states that these things only fail between the hours of 1AM-4AM.

At 3AM the wife wakes me up and says what is that noise

What noise

That beeping you ****

Go down stairs and sure as $hit the CO detector is beeping...dead battery....mother trucker...so sleepy right nowwwzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Replies

• seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Not a problem - we don't use 'em. Rand says they're just one more government intrusion.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    The new ones have 10 year batteries.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,585 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    I wanted to take a survey to see if anyone has ever had the batteries in one of these devices die during the afternoon?

I am pretty sure there is some law of physics which states that these things only fail between the hours of 1AM-4AM.

At 3AM the wife wakes me up and says what is that noise

What noise

That beeping you ****

Go down stairs and sure as $hit the CO detector is beeping...dead battery....mother trucker...so sleepy right nowwwzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    I think jbilly just died of CO poisoning.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 6,317 Senior Member
    What's Colorado poisoning?
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    What's Colorado poisoning?

Arsenic poisoning.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,023 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I think jbilly just died of CO poisoning.

Going to work today was like a near death experience. Cappy Duane says he still hates all you mothers.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    My wife is almost obsessive-compulsive about changing the batteries every six months, so I really never had an alarm that wasn't smoke-caused. Same wife left a candle burning on the back porch and it reached a point that it was putting out heavy, black smoke. That shook the place up for a few seconds.

Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement