Home The Lodge

If You Don't Agree w Gay Marriage You Are Screwed

2»

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,564 Senior Member
    I suspect that more than a few people did that in order to secure some form of legal status in case one or the other passed away.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    Clearly you do not understand what a wedding/marriage is
    You could have stopped right there, George. Spent the last 43 years trying to decipher that.

Marriage originated as a religious rite, the state has merely secularized it.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,021 Senior Member
    So what is the statute of limitations for wanting to return merchandise when you disagree with the store's or store owners beliefs?

Could they have returned the rings if he started to make them?
    How about after taking possession?
    5 years down the road? I mean that might make their wedding meaningless if 5 years later they found out he was against gay marriage.

Does it matter what the product is?

What if I ate at the BBQ joint here in Milliken from a few weeks ago. If I ate there and then found out about White Appreciation day the next day and was so offended could I leave them a sack full of my processed bbq and demand a refund?

Where does it end?
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »

Where does it end?

I hear ya, but at the same time this isn't anything that is going to SCOTUS and will be used for precedence. It's just an isolated incident that doesn't really qualify as a news story. Hey, it got us to **** and moan at each other for four pages, right?

#whitepower
    jbilly wrote: »
    So what is the statute of limitations for wanting to return merchandise when you disagree with the store's or store owners beliefs?

Could they have returned the rings if he started to make them?
    How about after taking possession?
    5 years down the road? I mean that might make their wedding meaningless if 5 years later they found out he was against gay marriage.

Does it matter what the product is?

What if I ate at the BBQ joint here in Milliken from a few weeks ago. If I ate there and then found out about White Appreciation day the next day and was so offended could I leave them a sack full of my processed bbq and demand a refund?

Where does it end?

You been drinking?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 6,021 Senior Member
    You been drinking?

Don't you judge my lifestyle. I was born that way it is not a choice. :D

No, booze was not involved. Just being as absurd as this whole ring refund debacle.
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    Its ironic they're **** about ring discrimination, in some countries they'd be begging for their lives. Do gays realize how tolerant we actually are here? We don't threaten them with death as national policy.
    Not as tolerant as Ireland apparently. Yeah they should be grateful we no longer burn them at the stake.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement