Home The Lodge

Testimonial

magallowaymagalloway Senior MemberPosts: 1,036 Senior Member
As some of you might remember, a couple of weeks back, I asked if anyone had experience with Lyrica. I began taking the stuff last Tuesday and was practically reborn after eighteen months of pure hell. I fell on my driveway during an ice storm in January, 2014, bruising my spinal cord, and have (really still am) spent that time dealing with the VA, trying to get relief. My neurologist (a gnome of a German lady who is the only bright spot in this whole affair, both funny and helpful) finally "Bullied' the prescription through the system and got it to me. Lyrica is still under patent, and the cheap bustards don't want to prescribe it because it costs more than Gabapenten, which is worthless.

Anyway, I spent the morning putting up the air conditioners for the summer, something I couldn't have imagined two weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to going fishing this weekend. I realize the stuff is limited in its uses and probably costs like hell if you're buying it across the drugstore counter, but for me, it's been a godsend.

Incidentally, although the television commercials and magazine ads have side-effect warnings that make the stuff sound like Monster in Capsule Form, I've yet to take out a MacDonalds, then come home to hang myself with the contents of my wife's lingerie drawer.

Jim

Replies

• seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Glad you're feeling better.

But definitely let us know if you do crazy/cool **** like in your last paragraph.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,541 Senior Member
    So it doesn't make you feel dopey? Good to know. They gave my mom some muscle relaxers a while back that had her see monsters come out of the television set.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    The only thing I've noticed is a very small decrease in my balance, but I really suspect that it's caused by the fact that the drug calms the nerve pain but does nothing (as intended) for any nerve damage that would affect my balance. I've been a little sloppy in my gait ever since the fall, so it may be a continuation of this. As far as hallucinations go, they only mention seeing things if you quit suddenly.

Jim
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Have fun fishing over the weekend. Glad you are getting some relief. Don't stop at McDonalds on the way to the river.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement