For the record

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,246 Senior Member
    By doing that you are enabling ignorance and bigotry. Maybe you are the reason for us being as effed up as we are. Not all opinions are equal.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    If that's what the country wants...I was also defending YOUR right to an opinion during that time, wishful thinking some would call it. I'll bet on human greed and stupidity over caring every time, just because there's so much more of it.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
    At some point every opinion should be defended with facts, not ignorance and bigotry. For example I could have the opinion that all people from South Central PA are ****s, but I would still be wrong.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • back away.

Get real, the kid was reaching for what appeared to be a gun.
    He wasn't reaching. He had been holding it the whole time, he had been doing so for a long time no one was hurt and the dispatcher was told it probably was a toy. If this were your son, you would not be so nonchalant.
    When I was a kid I had one of these and would run around our local park pointing at imaginary bad guys and pretending to shoot them all the time. In your world I would be dead by now.

o_8pariNRP2PcnuHm.jpg

Well if I were black at least.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    in 20 years of active duty, my mom encountered several people with guns, real and fake. Part of her police training was to assess the situation BEFORE firing upon the subject; if it had not been for that training (and her discipline in abiding by it, I can think of at least three people who would not have survived -- well, ok, at least who would have been shot AT, since my mom was not exactly the best marksman on the police department).

the point being, it is reflective of either LOUSY training, or a complete failure to follow good training, to roll up on that scene, with no distance to cover, no prior attempt to engage the alleged suspect, and guns blazing the moment that you exit the vehicle. That's not protecting yourself, that's merely lousy policework.
  • He wasn't reaching. He had been holding it the whole time, he had been doing so for a long time no one was hurt and the dispatcher was told it probably was a toy. If this were your son, you would not be so nonchalant.

Uh no and no.

Go back and read the description. The gun was in his belt at the time the cops rolled up.
    As for my son, I'd be devastated, but I wouldn't look to blame anti-semitism. I would blame poor training or other failures and sue the f*ck out of them based on that and bankrupt the entire freaking city.

In my world, btw, you wouldn't be dead....but you might have a job.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Sherb, ricinius and seppala: You are invited to tomorrow's O's game! Just show up.

****, Hockey tomorrow Detroit and Tampa Bay..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Steven wrote: »
    Uh no and no.

Go back and read the description. The gun was in his belt at the time the cops rolled up.
    As for my son, I'd be devastated, but I wouldn't look to blame anti-semitism. I would blame poor training or other failures and sue the f*ck out of them based on that and bankrupt the entire freaking city.

Watch the video, it was not in his belt, I don't care what those lying **** cops say.

After what I have been through the last 3 days I am hoping that is not a crack. Because if it is, you can go learn to love yourself. Bless your heart.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,972 Senior Member
    That does not justify simply pulling up and immediately shooting him. You have an obligation as a police officer to assess risk and make decisions based on that assessment. They made no attempt to verify it was a real weapon, or what was happening. They pulled up and shot him. But I guess that is okay with you because a cop was protected from being shot with a rubber bb.

I think the cops should wait until one of them actually gets shot before returning fire. This will eliminate any questionable shootings.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

o_8pariNRP2PcnuHm.jpg

Why the arched main spring housing?
  • After what I have been through the last 3 days I am hoping that is not a crack. Because if it is, you can GFY.

**** have you been through? All I've noticed the last two days is post after post you deleted.
    I don't even know why I expect someone with totally lack of human empathy to understand.
  • Btw, Chris, you can see him clearly reach down at the 1:33 mark of your video.
  • I have been elbow deep in human excrement along with my own vomiting and diarrhea. I come here because this is the only contact I have with the outside world.

Stop eating Kielbasa.

You freaking want to get into it, call people racists and then complain your sick? ** You need outside contact, call Dr. Phil.
    I guess you just can't help yourself with the name calling.
  • Dude needs a wife and a life.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,292 Senior Member
    Dude needs a wife and a life.

Maybe by the end of the week
    Buford wrote: »
    I guess you just can't help yourself with the name calling.

I guess you cannot help but not notice that I didn't not start the name calling.
  • I don't even know why I expect someone with totally lack of human empathy to understand.

Nobody can understand what that mother is going through, but I have two kids...maybe I might understand better than you. But sorry man, blaming everything on racism or calling everybody racist ain't going to fix ****.

Meanwhile, I hope to G-d you're not sitting on the can typing while pissing out of your **** 'cause that's just disgusting.
    Yup you are a truly caring person filled with love for your fellow man. What a troll.

Denying it doesn't exist means you are either naive or blind and neither of those will fix anything either.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,292 Senior Member
    I have been elbow deep in human excrement along with my own vomiting and diarrhea...

So you've been re-reading all your posts from the last 6 moths?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,002 Senior Member
    Keep it civil and no personal insults. This thread is beginning to circle the drain, please don't be the one who sends it forever south.

Hint - Symbolism OK, metaphors not OK. So, one may say that someone is acting like a whining female dog. And, one may not say that that someone is a whining female dog. But never with F-bombs or similarly colorful expressions that.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Yup you are a truly caring person filled with love for your fellow man. What a troll.

Denying it doesn't exist means you are either naive or blind and neither of those will fix anything either.

Saying it always exists doesn't help much either, bub. Duke lacrosse didn't bring us closer, Tawanna Brawley didn't bring us closer, the kids in the football stand that got expelled didn't bring us closer, Ferguson didn't bring us closer. The list goes on and on....
  • After what I have been through the last 3 days I am hoping that is not a crack. Because if it is, you can GFY.

I need a ruling. Is telling somebody to go ef themself name calling?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I look on it as a challenge to do the impossible..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Canadians are so pragmatic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.