For the record

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Buffco wrote: »
    I've never been to a game of any kind.

****, nobody goes to Braves games.
    Never mind that CVS has insurance.

Who will in turn jack up Butner's commercial multi-peril rates to cover the loss.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,306 Senior Member
    I was going to comment but I am waiting for Comic to tell me what my position is first.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,057 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    So mob mentality justice is the answer?

Interesting.
    Where did you get that? He mentioned building resentment due to a form of oppression. If resentment means mob mentality justice then everybody would riot. Have you ever rioted over something you resented?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,177 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Where did you get that? He mentioned building resentment due to a form of oppression. If resentment means mob mentality justice then everybody would riot.

Quite a few are doing it. Just making a statement that wasn't directed at Scott.
    Have you ever rioted over something you resented?

Not once in my life.
    Hextall wrote: »
    Provide me with a single paragraph essay on why I should bring you.

You should send me and Comic to the game together so that we may heal the rift in our relationship and serve as role models to all the residents of Baltimore. FIN

[/sheds tears to distraught to swimwalk out]
    Quite a few are doing it. Just making a statement that wasn't directed at Scott.

But you quoted him, so it seem like you were replying directly to his statement. And though many are doing it, mob mentality is still not synonymous resentment. Those peacefully protesting have resentment too. One does not have to lead to the other.
    Not once in my life.

It was a rhetorical question. ;)
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    jbilly wrote: »
    You should send me and Comic to the game together so that we may heal the rift in our relationship and serve as role models to all the residents of Baltimore. FIN

This is the best reason so far.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,557 Senior Member
    I just don't understand why the cops don't pull out their weapons and stand their ground. Everyone in that crowd deserves to stop a bullet - period.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member

You get tickets to today's game. Wear your Hands Up Don't Loot shirt.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    I just don't understand why the cops don't pull out their weapons and stand their ground. Everyone in that crowd deserves to stop a bullet - period.

People are rioting because of police brutality, so your solution to stop the riot is more police brutality. You. Are. Dumb.
    People are rioting because of police brutality, so your solution to stop the riot is more police brutality. You. Are. Dumb.

Police brutality and and using the necessary means to stop riotiong are 2 different things IMO. If riots erupted over a different reason and the police stepped in to stop them would it be considered police brutality?

The **** going on in this video needs to be stopped.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,560 Senior Member
    I say just let them burn their own city down.... leave that **** hole, move on to the next, and burn that mother down at the first sniff of enforcement related racism... and so on.
    Personally, I strongly approve of high pressure water hose tactics to curb rioting (black, whites, whomever is rioting) but unfortunately that technique harkens back to days of yore and is viewed as politically incorrect. Rubber bullets are the next best thing.
    Some of you mention "peaceful protestors" in Baltimore. I didn't see any prior or during the mayhem. This crowd went from zero to hero with no peaceful protesting, or very little. Their message is lost. Savages.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    What's the magic answer Carnac?
    They tried that peaceful **** yesterday, didn't work at all. The rioting, looting, destruction, fire hose slashing, etc was epic. Turn the other cheek doesn't fly with this type of rioting.
    swizz wrote: »
    I say just let them burn their own city down....

Charm city will henceforth be known as Charred City.

[/rips off Hands Up Don't Loot T-shirt, puts on hoodie and gas mask...let's burn this mother trucker down]
    Steven wrote: »
    Who will in turn jack up Butner's commercial multi-peril rates to cover the loss.
    Yes. Insurance companies know which way the wind blows. Rates are determined in part by demographic. I believe that they are likely identifying 'riot-risk' cities as a demographic. You can expect higher rates in cities determined to be racially charged, or even 'potentially' racially charged... now and in the future, and rightfully so. Burnt buildings, houses, and cars aren't cheap.... nor are the results of vandalism, theft, and injury.
    Insurance companies are licking their chops.

10 more women like this and Baltimore becomes the safest big city in America.
    sherb wrote: »
    10 more women like this and Baltimore becomes the safest big city in America.

Yup. I posted that news story earlier in this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Good thing she wasn't using a switch or it would be big trouble for her.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    I say just let them burn their own city down.... leave that **** hole, move on to the next, and burn that mother down at the first sniff of enforcement related racism... and so on.
    Personally, I strongly approve of high pressure water hose tactics to curb rioting (black, whites, whomever is rioting) but unfortunately that technique harkens back to days of yore and is viewed as politically incorrect. Rubber bullets are the next best thing.
    Some of you mention "peaceful protestors" in Baltimore. I didn't see any prior or during the mayhem. This crowd went from zero to hero with no peaceful protesting, or very little. Their message is lost. Savages.

and you were there?

accounts from Sunday's protest, which Fox reported as "chaos" and violent, had more than 10,000 protestors marching peacefully, and an estimated 100 that acted violently. Yesterday was certainly a different matter, but what makes you think the media would have bothered to show any peaceful protestors that certainly WERE there? or that you would have seen/acknowledged them even if they had?
    It bleeds, it leads.

Always has, always will.
    Are you talking about Cankles?

accounts from Sunday's protest, which Fox reported as "chaos" and violent, had more than 10,000 protestors marching peacefully, and an estimated 100 that acted violently. Yesterday was certainly a different matter, but what makes you think the media would have bothered to show any peaceful protestors that certainly WERE there? or that you would have seen/acknowledged them even if they had?
    I wasn't there but I watch Woof Blitzer. It's exactly like being there.
    Can I get this as my avatar...please add the caption "No Justice No Azzwipe"

CDosxCCWAAElfNN.jpg
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,271 Senior Member
    flytrap wrote: »
    I'm defending their right to their opinion, not the opinion itself, just as I would defend your right to your opinion. Which I have to say is somewhat Pollyanna-ish. You show the typical Liberal bias, everyone has a right to their opinion but only as long as it agrees with yours. An unwillingness to compromise or consider what others think is a closed mind. It happens among Conservatives as well and is why nothing can or will get done, probably, in our lifetimes.

No you said that you could understand why they could have that opinion, that stupid narrow minded bigoted opinion.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven wrote: »

So the answer is to kill them? Death over property? Is this the warped sense of values you get from the WSJ?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Not once in my life.

Have you ever had a friend or family member broken in half by police?
    and you were there?

There were 6 days of peaceful protests prior to today that got a passing mention on the news. Nobody cares until someone burns down a Burger King.

There is no rift in our relationship. I never liked you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.