You all flunk, ****

creekguycreekguy Senior MemberPosts: 3,905 Senior Member
"None of you, in my opinion, given the behavior in this class, deserve to pass, or graduate to become an Aggie, as you do not in any way embody the honor that the university holds graduates should have within their personal character. It is thus for these reasons why I am officially walking away from this course. I am frankly and completely disgusted. You all lack the honor and maturity to live up to the standards that Texas A&M holds, and the competence and/or desire to do the quality work necessary to pass the course just on a grade level ... I will no longer be teaching the course, and all, including FishTx, Comic, Sherb, and particularly Buffco, who keeps staring at the coeds in yoga pants, are being awarded a failing grade....He sent a lengthy email to his Strategic Management class explaining that they would all be failing the course. He said the students proved to be incompetent and lack the maturity level to enter the workforce." Steven will take over the class.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/professor-at-texas-am-galveston-fails-entire-class/32562452

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,240 Senior Member
    Did you ever hear the story about the guy who picked up two Aggie hitch hikers on the side of the road with his pick up truck. One of them was seated in the front and the other was in the bed of the truck when suddenly he lost control of the truck and crashed into a lake. The driver of the truck and the guy who was seated next to him both made it to shore. When he asked his passenger what happened to his friend he replied, "I don't think he was able to open the tailgate."
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    A man's wife disappeared while swimming in the ocean, so he reported it to the police.
    Three days later, a detective showed at his door.
    " Mr Jones, I have bad news, good news and great news for you. Which do you want first?"
    "Give me the bad news first, I guess?"
    "We have found your wife's body, she is dead."
    "That's horrible! But you said there was also good news. What's that?"
    "When we pulled her up 2 lobsters and a dozen Dungess crabs came with her."
    Perplexed, Mr jones asked, "Then what's the great news?"
    The officer smacked his lips, replying, "We're raising her again tomorrow."
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Sounds like Horwitz lost it.

I was telling my daughter about an Econ class I had. About a hundred kids in it. I sat in it for three weeks not knowing what was going on. It always seemed like the prof (who was an old guy with shoe-black dyed hair), would start a sentence in the middle of the previous sentence. Nothing made sense to me, so I sat there bewildered.

Then one lecture there was a particularly bad break in a sentence, and all the students started looking around at each other. After what seemed like 15 seconds, the entire class erupted in raucous laughter - out of relief. Apparently, we had all been sitting there - each thinking he or she was the only idiot not getting it.

At the next TA session, the TA was laughing her **** off. All the TAs knew the old guy was completely whacked but were enjoying watching us sweat too much to say anything.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Dang. Good for Horwitz.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    He said the students proved to be incompetent and lack the maturity level to enter the workforce.

Not surprising at all given what I have seen in some of today's youth.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    He said the students proved to be incompetent and lack the maturity level to enter the workforce.

Not surprising at all given what I have seen in some of today's youth.

Said every generation since the dawn of time..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    And by the way...turn down that dang music.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »

Mike

Hahaha.

Dostoevsky complained about Russia's youth in the 1880's.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Old people are the worst. Get on with dying why don't ya?
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »

Mike

People seem to forget what their schoolmates were really like back in H.S. and college. If the subject was "the stupid things kids did back in my day" we would hear of all sorts of objectionable behavior. Nostalgia aint what it used to be.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,291 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »

Get off my lawn!
    Steven wrote: »
    Sounds like Horwitz lost it.

I was telling my daughter about an Econ class I had. About a hundred kids in it. I sat in it for three weeks not knowing what was going on. It always seemed like the prof (who was an old guy with shoe-black dyed hair), would start a sentence in the middle of the previous sentence. Nothing made sense to me, so I sat there bewildered.

Then one lecture there was a particularly bad break in a sentence, and all the students started looking around at each other. After what seemed like 15 seconds, the entire class erupted in raucous laughter - out of relief. Apparently, we had all been sitting there - each thinking he or she was the only idiot not getting it.

At the next TA session, the TA was laughing her **** off. All the TAs knew the old guy was completely whacked but were enjoying watching us sweat too much to say anything.

In the first day of my chemistry 101 course, the prof was just out of Harvard or something and it was his first lecture. He put the Schrodinger equation on the board, and began to lecture about its significance without actually telling us what it was about. It seems pretty funny now, but I remember the bewilderment of the 200 or so students (and myself) to this day.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,030 Senior Member
    My first time around in college, I had to take a business calculus class for my Finance degree. For those not in the know, "Business" math classes are considered like herpes by math departments everywhere, thus, such things are foisted off on the incompetents, malcontents, and general wackos. Anyway, the first day of class, this dude with a ponytail to his waist walked in, went to the double-sliding dry-erase boards, and started writing formulae. when he finished the first board, he stood back said loudly, "Oh Wow!" and went to the second. After he 'Oh Wow"-ed the second, he slid it over the first, finished off the third, turned to us and said "That's enough for today," and walked out. Come the end of the semester, I had a 68%, which was the second highest grade in the class, so I got the 'B.' I haven't performed calculus since the last day I walked out of that classroom.

Jim
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,240 Senior Member
    It could have been worse, he could have put the cat on the board. *

*that is the extent of my knowledge of Schrodinger.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Don't you have a ballgame to go to.. Wear your white power tee..

Mike
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    We're waiting to follow your example, Hex.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
    Stupid old people with no will to die. Get on this iceflow!

Don't eff with me boy, I'm a Deputy Sheriff. Y'all want to be tazed, oops..

Mike
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,565 Senior Member
    Ahem.

That's "floe."
    That seems like an old timey way of spelling it. Stone him!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,565 Senior Member
    That seems like an old timey way of spelling it. Stone him!
    No. Floe means "float."

Source: I am a college student. AMA!
    Give a guy a little college and he goes all Schrodinger on you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.