For the record

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 24,240 Senior Member
This ******* that are targeting and attacking police are no better than terrorists.
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Replies

• swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,560 Senior Member
    Baltimore? I just turned on the TV and I'm watching a large group of African Americans relentlessly looting a CVS Pharmacy live. Running in and out with all they can carry.
    Are they gonna burn that ********ing town down tonight? Ferguson revisited, LMAO, too cool. Stay tuned.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    LOL.... now there's a cop car engulfed in flames. That's the rally call to start burning everything I think. That's how it went down in Fergie.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,240 Senior Member
    Destroying property is one thing. Trying to injure and kill the police is another level entirely.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    how do you feel about looting?
    I hate it more when it happens after surfing events. Looting is the result of chaos, and disruption of civil authority. Break down the structures of society and there will always be an element that takes advantage of that. The problem is that too many people see looters and think ignorant things like "See that is how those people are and that is why they deserve what they get." Never mind that it is not even a significant portion of that neighborhood's population.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    There was this too:

Police officials also said Monday they’ve received credible information that various gangs, including the Black Guerilla Family, the Bloods and the Crips, have “entered into a partnership to ‘take-out’” law enforcement officers.

I think the police need to be vigilant, but I don't really see a street gang taking things that far. It brings WAY too much heat.

The problem with protestors doing this (Besides the injured officers and the property damage) is that the narrative gets lost. Its like breaking a few eggs to make an omelette. . .and then forgetting about the omelette. In other words, violence and looting become the point of the protesting. Gratuitous violence and property damage will definitely drive the media narrative.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    In related news, I just got an email from the Orioles with the following message:

"Thank you for purchasing tickets to attend the Orioles vs. Red Sox game at Oriole Park on Saturday, April 25. We recognize that many of you may not have had the premier Oriole Park experience that we strive to achieve. For this reason, please accept our offer of complimentary tickets to return to Oriole Park later this season. "

Provide me with a single paragraph essay on why I should bring you.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member

At 0:23.... CAR!!!!!
    Hextall wrote: »
    In related news, I just got an email from the Orioles with the following message:

"Thank you for purchasing tickets to attend the Orioles vs. Red Sox game at Oriole Park on Saturday, April 25. We recognize that many of you may not have had the premier Oriole Park experience that we strive to achieve. For this reason, please accept our offer of complimentary tickets to return to Oriole Park later this season. "

I've never been to a major league baseball game. Would like to go.
    sherb wrote: »
    There was this too:

Police officials also said Monday they’ve received credible information that various gangs, including the Black Guerilla Family, the Bloods and the Crips, have “entered into a partnership to ‘take-out’” law enforcement officers.

I think the police need to be vigilant, but I don't really see a street gang taking things that far. It brings WAY too much heat.

So you don't think this threat is credible? If so does this mean you believe they can think strategically?

I don't think this current violence is street gangs. Street gangs have guns.
    At 0:23.... CAR!!!!!

You have a dark heart for noticing that. LOL

Really? I was lucky to grow up with a sports nut. I went to everything growing up.

My cousin took his sons to every major league baseball park.
    So you don't think this threat is credible? If so does this mean you believe they can think strategically?

I don't think this current violence is street gangs. Street gangs have guns.

"Strategically" might be a stretch, but can a gang act rationally? Certainly. And they do. The worst gang I've ever seen, MS-13, might kill a witness, but even they would balk at killing a cop. You cannot imagine the heat that will bring. But they can.

These rioters aren't acting at the behest of a gang. I'd be surprised if they were doing that.

I'm not saying it CAN'T happen, but I'd be very surprised if gang members were targeting cops. No, I don't find it credible.

I just teared up.
    Well the nearest pro team is the Mariners, and that's about 600 miles.

I am a sad.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member

Dear Hextall,
    I would like to go the baseball game, however I want to go with Sherb because if there is trouble I'd be safer with him..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • flytrapflytrap Banned Posts: 1,659 Senior Member
    I hate it more when it happens after surfing events. Looting is the result of chaos, and disruption of civil authority. Break down the structures of society and there will always be an element that takes advantage of that. The problem is that too many people see looters and think ignorant things like "See that is how those people are and that is why they deserve what they get." Never mind that it is not even a significant portion of that neighborhood's population.
    Not that I agree with the view, but what you call ignorant others may call self-evident.
    There are worse things in life than being a born cynic.
    Yes stupid people would.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    the sad thing is that in all this, the fact will be lost that a young man was arrested, taken into police custody "without force" (according to the police report), and yet ended up with his spinal cord 80% severed in the process of being transported to the police station, and subsequently died.

and yet somehow, it's the irate protestors we are upset at.

There's fault enough for both sides, to be sure, but only one is being paid to PROTECT and serve the public, not randomly kill them.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Dear Hextall,
    I would like to go the baseball game, however I want to go with Sherb because if there is trouble I'd be safer with him..

Mike

This is top notch. I want to go with Mike and Sherb.
    the sad thing is that in all this, the fact will be lost that a young man was arrested, taken into police custody "without force" (according to the police report), and yet ended up with his spinal cord 80% severed in the process of being transported to the police station, and subsequently died.

There's fault enough for both sides, to be sure, but only one is being paid to PROTECT and serve the public, not randomly kill them.

This
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,565 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    I just teared up.
    I've never been to a game of any kind.

Yup, this movement has a tendency of shooting itself in the foot. They've been doing the Texas Two Step for decades, I can't speculate why. I sympathize with the movement and understand the message but things always seem to turn violent and that certainly squelches the message a bit.
    Bronco Bama should draw a red line or something. Please pass the leadership? What would/will Cankles do?
    Movement?

whatever you want to call it, an effort to end racist bias in law enforcement
    It isn't so much an effort to end it as a reaction to it. Sure there are some that are trying to make a positive impact, but that is not represented by the rioters and not even all of the protestors.
    It isn't so much an effort to end it as a reaction to it. Sure there are some that are trying to make a positive impact, but that is not represented by the rioters and not even all of the protestors.
    Well, ya... they need to get it together if there's gonna be any change. I'm not sure how to curb the dooshbags from acting out. It wouldn't be a big deal if it were just a few I guess... but the looters, thieves, and vandals outnumber the peaceful protestors by far. It's the wrong message and totally distracts from the real issue, every time... every time. Which video will spark the next riot.... next week?.... next month?.... next city?
    Red Line, Cankles please.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,972 Senior Member
    When they started throwing bricks the cops should have opened fire, retreat my ****.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,048 Senior Member
    Maybe they are a little bit smarter than you. Most of them are smart enough to employee non-lethal methods of defense first. Pulling out the guns first thing will just worsen the problem.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.