Obama Intends To Deliver Jobs Speech Next Wednesday

12346»

Replies

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    I only criticized Bush for policy and being a tool of Cheney ( I take back only part of that). Now he is and was a liar

DEATH PANELS--oh that was Mitch McConnell I believe.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,895 Senior Member
    Pio,

I had you pegged as someone far more intelligent than those who we KNEW would default to the old, tired "disagree with him and you're a racist" tact.
  • Jamespio wrote: »
    Yeah, and you just somehow don't notice the racism, both blatant and subtle? I get it, you're "blind to racism." It's kind of like being "color blind" only different.

Every point I made is accurate, whether he's black, white or purple. Do you think if he was white, that nobody would point out he had no business experience? One of the rubs on Perry that even the Tea Party recognizes is that he has no experience outside of politics. Romney has begun to call him on it. Does Romney hate white people?
  • Buffco wrote: »
    Pio,

I had you pegged as someone far more intelligent than those who we KNEW would default to the old, tired "disagree with him and you're a racist" tact.

Well, Buffco, since I have neither said nor implied "disagree with him and you're a racist," your impression of my intelligence is probably intact.

What I'm pointing out Steven is not that YOU have attacked Obama on clearly racial bases, but that others have, including a great many of these tea baggers of which you speak. I don't quite see how "but there are non-racial criticisms" is a valid response to someone pointing out the many race-based criticisms.
  • yataheyyatahey Senior Member Posts: 5,605 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    You're fact check is too soon.

For example a recent Presidential authorization for community healthcare centers states that health centers are required to provide primary health care to all residents of the health center’s service area without regard for ability to pay.

No mention of checking for citizenship. Some of the monies going to this program have been specifically set aside for the migrant worker population.

Not that I care one way or the other. I believe the best way to curb illegal immigration is to increase legal immigration, but facts are facts. The President said no money will go to illegal immigrants. That's not going to be true.

But this is whole thing is a diversion. The fact is that President Bush was called a liar on the House Floor. Something you forgot.

All emergency rooms are required to treat anyone who walks in the door. This has always been the case. Where does it state in the HRA Act that illegal aliens get health services?
    Your ridiculous deflection has been noticed and fails the smell test.

and Bush is a liar.
    "When the goin gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    "Recent" does that mean Wilson called him liar before this?
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • yatahey wrote: »
    All emergency rooms are required to treat anyone who walks in the door. This has always been the case. Where does it state in the HRA Act that illegal aliens get health services?
    Your ridiculous deflection has been noticed and fails the smell test.

and Bush is a liar.

I don't think Community Health Care centers are ERs. Money has been set aside for migrant workers. Some percentage of those will be illegals. Our money will be going to take care of illegals. That is something the President absolutely said would not happen under his plan. Nothing else matters.

And the ridiculous deflection was your assertion that only Republicans call Presidents "liar" on the floor of Congress.
    I don't think Community Health Care centers are ERs. Money has been set aside for migrant workers. Some percentage of those will be illegals. Our money will be going to take care of illegals. That is something the President absolutely said would not happen under his plan. Nothing else matters.

Prove it.
    And the ridiculous deflection was your assertion that only Republicans call Presidents "liar" on the floor of Congress.
    Where did I say this?
  • TrootfisherTrootfisher Senior Member Posts: 901 Senior Member
    Every point I made is accurate, whether he's black, white or purple. Do you think if he was white, that nobody would point out he had no business experience? One of the rubs on Perry that even the Tea Party recognizes is that he has no experience outside of politics. Romney has begun to call him on it. Does Romney hate white people?

Business Experience is not a constitutional requirement to become president.
    Coverage for Illegal Immigrants?

We haven’t heard much about this claim since Republican Rep. Joe Wilson’s "you lie" moment. But American Action Network’s ad above, and another from the group, resurrects the charge, saying the health care law provides "free health care" or "spends our tax dollars on health insurance" for illegal immigrants. The ad below is airing against Reps. Mark Critz of Pennsylvania and Stephanie Herseth Sandlin of South Dakota.

The law doesn’t provide any "health insurance" for illegal immigrants. In fact, it stipulates that insurance plans sold on the state-based exchanges are available only to citizens and lawful residents.

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: ACCESS LIMITED TO LAWFUL RESIDENTS.—If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.

It also doesn’t provide any subsidies for illegal immigrants or any new "free" care for them. What American Action Network objects to is Senate Democrats’ rejection of an amendment to require some type of verification system of legal status. AAN also points to the fact that citizens are required to have insurance, while illegal immigrants aren’t — but those here illegally can still get emergency care at hospitals. However, that was the case before the health care law was passed. Illegal immigrants, and others who aren’t insured, are able to get treatment for emergencies (but not non-emergencies, unless they pay for it). U.S. law requires that.

The change that might occur is which pot of government money is used to reimburse hospitals for this uncompensated care. We called the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and talked with spokeswoman Mary Kahn, who explained how this works. Hospitals either get payments for emergency care through what’s called Emergency Medicaid (for patients who would be eligible for Medicaid but don’t have it) or the disproportionate share hospital (DSH) funds, provided for hospitals that treat a lot of uninsured people, Khan explained. The health care law expands Medicaid eligibility, so hospitals may find themselves filing paperwork for more money through Emergency Medicaid than DSH, whether those who are treated are illegal immigrants or not. Either way, it’s government money. And either way, illegal immigrants get treatment for emergencies and hospitals get reimbursed.

AAN also referred us to two news reports that undercut its own claim. A 2007 Reuters report said: "Less than 1 percent of Medicaid spending went to health care for illegal immigrants, according to a study that the researchers said defied a common belief that they are a bigger drain on taxpayer money." And the group cites a January 2008 USA Today article (yes, that’s a year before Obama was even sworn in) that states: "The sweeping overhauls of the nation’s health care system proposed by Democrats Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama and John Edwards would not provide coverage for illegal immigrants."
  • Yatahey: "I'll grant you that some on the left criticized Bush's policy and in some cases his intelligence, but not from the halls of Congress."

Obama: "...the reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

If you ain't gonna ask for proof of citizenship, uh, yeah, they are.

Btw, Wilson apologized for the outburst the very next day. Reid and Stark showed no such class.
  • I'm not getting further mired in this. Yes, illegal immigrants can not get health insurance. However, there are a number of other programs.
  • You are entitled to you opinion about "other programs" but can you back that up with facts.
  • I already showed you one.

Read the posts.

Obama: "...the reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."
    This is true.
    If you ain't gonna ask for proof of citizenship, uh, yeah, they are.
    This has always been the case. Proof of citizen ship is required for insurance under the Obama plan.
    Btw, Wilson apologized for the outburst the very next day. Reid and Stark showed no such class.

Bush did lie. So he deserved no apology.
    I'm not getting further mired in this. Yes, illegal immigrants can not get health insurance. However, there are a number of other programs.
    Another deflection Steven. Those programs are not the Health Reform Act which you assert would apply to illegals.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    How quickly they forget...

Both Sen. Harry Reid and Pete Stark called President Bush a liar. Stark did it on the House Floor as well.

Did they do it in his face as a heckle to a State of the Union Address?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    Business Experience is not a constitutional requirement to become president.

Bush had business experience. Look how well that turned out.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
12346»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.