The problem with living in an age of irony. . .

2»

Replies

• Hextall wrote: »
    All hell broke through for your wife?

Imagine a certain Lodge poster claiming that the WTC was brought down by our own government. Then imagine there were 15,000 other Lodge posters.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,260 Senior Member
    Wouldn't it be ironic if someone were to use that article to publicly shame Biddle?

Apparently I needed to read further.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Yeah Sacco was not a public figure.

Are pio and BD? That's who Sherb brought up as examples of folks who can say whatever they want on social media without consequence. Sacco thought so too.

(are we talking past each other?).

Regardless, once you print something publicly (and unless you set it up, tweets are public)... it's fair game for the animals to stomp on. The problem nowadays is how quickly the stomping ramps up and how easy it is to anomalously go after people
  • The mind boggles.

Let's not forget that social media is unbiquitous.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,176 Senior Member
    I actually think it was an attempt at humor. I'll be it mean spirited humor and yes drunk probably has something to do with this also. But do we really have to be representatives of our company's values at all times? Can we not just be jerks in our private lives as long as we comport ourselves properly in our work environments?

I agree. One of the reasons I refuse to be facebook friends with anyone I work with.

You ever see how many times the "People of Walmart" has circulated around FB? Always surprised that someone somewhere didn't get their undies in a bundle over that one.

I don't tweet (****?) either. I don't need to be followed or follow anyone.
  • How do you go after somebody anomalously?
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    How do you go after somebody anomalously?

Pay a Jewish cowboy to beat them up?
  • This thread has potential.
    Hextall wrote: »
    Are pio and BD? That's who Sherb brought up as examples of folks who can say whatever they want on social media without consequence. Sacco thought so too.

(are we talking past each other?).

Regardless, once you print something publicly (and unless you set it up, tweets are public)... it's fair game for the animals to stomp on. The problem nowadays is how quickly the stomping ramps up and how easy it is to anomalously go after people

I was agreeing with you.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven wrote: »
    How do you go after somebody anomalously?

By offering them free pork.
    I was agreeing with you.

You wanna go!?!

[IMs phone number]
  • That would be erroneously.
  • the grammarian rabbi has been on our **** all week. Everybody PM him our respective phone numbers.
    Hextall wrote: »
    You wanna go!?!

[IMs phone number]

Meet me at the Airport.
  • sherb wrote: »
    the grammarian rabbi has been on our **** all week. Everybody PM him our respective phone numbers.

Is it my fault your moms weren't dreaming?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,176 Senior Member
    Meet me at the Airport.

Will you be the guy in the bathroom tapping your foot?
    My stance is impressive.
  • Joe goes to the Lodge WayBack Machine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.