Quick help

seppalaseppala Senior MemberPosts: 1,916 Senior Member
The Niece got in a fender bender. Not her fault. I called the person who hit her, woman admitted it was her fault. Her car has damage, ours does not.

To be on safe side, I would like it to be documented that it was not my nieces fault. If Niece filed a police report, will cops give other woman a ticket? I don't want to be a ****.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,041 Senior Member
    If her car wasn't damaged what would be the point? I don't know that without an on scene investigation they would assign blame anyway.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Only thing I am worried about is woman to change her story later and say that it was my nieces fault
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,041 Senior Member
    I don't know that without an on scene investigation they would assign blame anyway.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    If you are not sure or uncomfortable with the situation just call the police and ask. I'm sure they would be able to help..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • seppala wrote: »
    If Niece filed a police report, will cops give other woman a ticket? I don't want to be a ****.

Not necessarily. Maybe. Its a discretionary call with the officer.
    Ok. Thanks. I lean towards leaving it be because woman admitted fault to me. My wife is a more cynical person though.
  • If you plan on submitting a claim to the insurance company a police report will expedite the process. Its not required, but it definitely makes things easier.
    I just saw car. A couple scratches but no dents. We don't intend to get them fixed.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Am I too late to offer a suggestion?
    Fuci it. I'm going to help anyway.

Call Darren Wilson. He'll kill the case in no time.
    Hextall wrote: »
    Am I too late to offer a suggestion?

Yes

Gang, all is well. No need to get those meddling police and crusty old prosecutors involved - the lady texted me that it was her fault.
    As your legal councel (spelling doesn't count in the law), I suggest you seal your phone in an envelope and mail it to yourself but don't open it until trial. The postmark will vindicate you!
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,000 Senior Member
    As your crypto leagal consule, I admonish you for not thinking ahead and recording the first phone conversation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.