Gang, a personal best.

seppalaseppala Senior MemberPosts: 1,916 Senior Member
8 mile run. eb2a6cd2858287d731cce0908ae58d5a.jpg

I'm no Sherb,, but I will soon eclipse him as he is on the downhill slide. Each Diet Coke is another nail in the coffin.

Replies

  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Are all your friends on Runkeeper in ISIS?
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    I use mapmyrun. Runkeeper sounds like something out of dungeons and dragons.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    seppala wrote: »
    Runkeeper sounds like something out of dungeons and dragons.

    shut up. it does not.

    [-4 self esteem]
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Orcs.

    [/don't understand dungeons and dragons]
  • seppala wrote: »

    I'm no Sherb,, but I will soon eclipse him as he is on the downhill slide. Each Diet Coke is another nail in the coffin.

    the hell you say!
  • Sepp is the dog, right?
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Sepp is the dog, right?

    I have it on good authority he is the field of grass.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Sepp is the dog, right?

    I only meant to run a mile, but then I saw a squirrel, then another squirrel, then... Well, you get the picture.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Great... now I'll have to get a fleet of drones to film your 4-hour 8-mile run.
  • Given the lack of opposable thumbs, Seppala's typing is pretty impressive. Kind of a **** for running in this weather though.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Great... now I'll have to get a fleet of drones to film your 4-hour 8-mile run.

    2.5 hours of that was standing at the base of a tree, looking upward.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Given the lack of opposable thumbs, Seppala's typing is pretty impressive. Kind of a **** for running in this weather though.

    My downy underfur keeps me warm.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,144 Senior Member
    Do you lick yourself because you enjoy it, or is it fastidiousness that drives you?
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Do you lick yourself because you enjoy it, or is it fastidiousness that drives you?

    Both.

    .....
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I am not going to lie, I can't stop staring at the drool on your hood.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,144 Senior Member
    What was chasing you to cause you to run 8 miles? I only run if I'm about to crap myself.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    That's sweat. I'm a beast.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    What was chasing you to cause you to run 8 miles? I only run if I'm about to crap myself.

    Scoping out an area to look for shed antlers in the coming months.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,144 Senior Member
    I wish I knew how to find sheds. I've never seen a single one.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    I've been pretty lucky. This picture has about 3/4 of the ones I've found:

    433f1b9ce8d4c47183f2a88fefd3ca5a.jpg

    Found two matching pairs. One set was about four feet from each other, one set was six feet.

    I enjoy it because it's just walking around in the woods when most guys are inside because it's so cold. Not a whole lot of rhyme or reason (although some guys claim there is) - just find a good trail or bedding area and poke around in it.

    My dads got a buddy that's training his dog to hunt sheds. I'm curious to see how it goes.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Umm, you're supposed to wipe the chalk line off..

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    I'd been drinking quite a bit, and it's in the garage, and I just didn't care all that much.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,109 Senior Member
    Where did the one on top come from? That is one serious shed. And don't even try to feed us a line about bringing it down yourself.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Where did the one on top come from? That is one serious shed. And don't even try to feed us a line about bringing it down yourself.

    I'm guessing the grill of a Subaru..

    Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • jbilly wrote: »
    Where did the one on top come from? That is one serious shed. And don't even try to feed us a line about bringing it down yourself.

    Lol. its never going to stop!
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,109 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    I'm guessing the grill of a Subaru..

    Mike

    There was certainly no grilling of any meat.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Where did the one on top come from? That is one serious shed. And don't even try to feed us a line about bringing it down yourself.

    Found it on a nature preserve near here, the skeleton intact. It's a real nice buck for sure. 0d4e7f113aed665dc7969f8dbe277372.jpg

    98712964554147a3fb95017e50870401.jpg
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,109 Senior Member
    Oh yeah I remember him, you shared a picture of him napping a few months back. Very cool.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Oh yeah I remember him, you shared a picture of him napping a few months back. Very cool.

    Whatever. I now realize it was all just a setup for a cruel joke at my expense.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,109 Senior Member
    seppala wrote: »
    Whatever. I now realize it was all just a setup for a cruel joke at my expense.

    I am hurt with these accusations. I am only mocking you because you stood me up at Long John Silvers. The hurt will never go away.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.