Almost the new year

2»

Replies

• Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Walking is probably the best fat-burner there is, in terms of exercise. I run, but that's only because I like to do races. If my goal were fat loss only, I would do nothing but walk. Maybe some intervals, but probably just walk.

I may work my way up to running. The dog LOVES to run.

Me, not so much.
  • jbilly wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't booze be nutritious

Life is pretty much unfair, and then you die like Cappy, CG and Sep.
    Sip poured! [/best laid plans foiled again]
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    My exercise and diet goal is to have the rock hard physique and look of a young sherb:

red-beret-hat.jpg
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,109 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Life is pretty much unfair, and then you die like Cappy, CG and Sep.
    Sip poured! [/best laid plans foiled again]

At least with an Old Fashioned I am getting part of my daily fruit needs. Crisis averted
    Hextall wrote: »
    My exercise and diet goal is to have the rock hard physique and look of a young sherb:

red-beret-hat.jpg

You can train by running behind his tractor.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,884 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I'm going to eat my weight in venison once a certain someone gets home from canoeing on the Wabash of our youths.

I have venison in the fridge. Ain't much fat on it.

More vegetables. Less processed food and certainly less eating out. Hopefully my food cost will go down along with the quality of food going up.

More aerobic exercise and weight work. Diet alone won't get me where I need to be.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,347 Senior Member
    cut my milk consumption to about a quart a day from nearly a gallon.
    OMG! I hope to hell it's skim milk. I can't imagine drinking that much milk (mainly because I don't care for it).
  • CO Native wrote: »
    OMG! I hope to hell it's skim milk. I can't imagine drinking that much milk (mainly because I don't care for it).

[video]https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0LEVvOGEaNUEkEAABMPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3 ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?p=milk+is+for+babies+arnold+schwarzenegger&tnr=21&vid=EEDC4BFFA5E15AF42B2BEEDC4BFFA5E15AF42B2B&l=19&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DUN.6 08054184254703867%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJd zPapFgV4I&sigr=11asdq5l7&tt=b&****=Arnold+Schwarzenegger+doesn%26%2339%3Bt+drink+ milk!&sigt=11dn7iju1&back=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch %3Fp%3Dmilk%2Bis%2Bfor%2Bbabies%2Barnold%2Bschwarz enegger%26ei%3DUTF-8%26hsimp%3Dyhs-001%26hspart%3Dmozilla&sigb=13k4rodb9&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001[/video]
    [video]https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0LEVvOGEaNUEkEAABMPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3 ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?p=milk+is+for+babies+arnold+schwarzenegger&tnr=21&vid=EEDC4BFFA5E15AF42B2BEEDC4BFFA5E15AF42B2B&l=19&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DUN.6 08054184254703867%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJd zPapFgV4I&sigr=11asdq5l7&tt=b&****=Arnold+Schwarzenegger+doesn%26%2339%3Bt+drink+ milk!&sigt=11dn7iju1&back=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch %3Fp%3Dmilk%2Bis%2Bfor%2Bbabies%2Barnold%2Bschwarz enegger%26ei%3DUTF-8%26hsimp%3Dyhs-001%26hspart%3Dmozilla&sigb=13k4rodb9&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001[/video]

Haha - "Milk is for babies".

I hadn't heard of that Nordic diet so I went and checked it out. I must say that if I had to follow their menu I'd lose weight alright, but not because of the diet, but because it sounds awful.
  • I doubt I drink a quart of milk a year.
    You guys aren't counting all the bull's milk you consume.

[/RIP Hinge]
    CO Native wrote: »
    Haha - "Milk is for babies".

And new Dads.

[/thinking of good mammar...I mean memories]
  • Pour a sip of Almond milk for the hinge, Heero, Iwan, and the rest of our dead homies.
    I don't drink booze of any kind, never have -- don't like soda pop, not especially fond of tea. I drink a lot of coffee but prefer it milked down partly for taste and partly for temperature control.

which leaves milk, which I can chug almost without limit.

I know it's not the best thing in the world for me, but neither is sitting on my ****, playing on the internet, yet here I am......
  • I don't think I would do well with being sober all the time.
    I don't think I would do well with being sober all the time.

I often question this decision myself, but at this point in my life, it seems too late to take up a new hobby......
    I often question this decision myself, but at this point in my life, it seems too late to take up a new hobby......

Yeah.

[looks at full suspension mountain bike]
    mumbles: it climbs just fine...
    [wipes single tear falling down cheek]
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,994 Senior Member
    Walking is probably the best fat-burner there is, in terms of exercise. I run, but that's only because I like to do races. If my goal were fat loss only, I would do nothing but walk. Maybe some intervals, but probably just walk.

I am currently walking 3 miles with a backpack that has 20lbs in it and with 5lbs on each ankle. This has done more for my legs than running and it requires a lot less motivation. However I think running might be better for my heart. I am just not ready to chance it until I can get off the bp meds.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,994 Senior Member
    Joe K. wrote: »
    Comic is feeling parched.

Did you ever notice that they do suck the moisture right out of your mouth? They are only good in chocolates.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Sweet. Fancy. Moses.

You gals can't talk about this **** when you get together for your girls day at the salon and spa? Instead you got to bring it in here?
  • Oh, thank God you're not dead.

(Actually I didn't care that much but one has to observe the appropriate social conventions, no?)
    Oh, thank God you're not dead.

Don't worry the deer are fine too. .
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    I just had a snack of jamon serrano and bread with some mustard, washed down with a dark lager...

Of course, this was after a short four mile hike in the snow at 8,000feet, with 900 feet gain in 20F weather.

What is this diet thing?
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    2015? Eat more Brookies. You betchcha.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,144 Senior Member
    I was rocking the gym but my diet stayed largely the same. I did cut back on sugar and soady pop.

Lost 10 lbs and gained some sweet cuts in the shoulder/bicep area. Haven't been back in the weeks.

Next week, I'm killing it.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,344 Senior Member
    Sugar is the devil. That is all.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
    Guys,terrible news. Instead of exercising last night, I went and had a beer with a friend.

2014 is the **** stew that I can't seem to stop eating.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Sugar is the devil. That is all.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. That's my main thing - cut back on sweet stuff.

I don't eat much bread, but I likes me some beer, and you can pry the can of Banquet from my cold, bloated, veiny hands. Love starch, too, and if you bastards think I'm giving up potatoes, you got another thing coming.

2014 was the healthiest year of my post-high school life. Gonna keep at it.
    I don't think I would do well with being sober all the time.

No kidding. Waking up in the morning and KNOWING that this was the best I'd feel all day would kill me.
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.