Missouri Police Shoot Dead Man Who Pulled Gun

Actual headline in today's WSJ.

So did the cops shoot a dead man? Or did the cops shoot a man dead?

This happened about two miles away from Ferguson, btw.

Replies

• seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Zombies!!!!
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-officer-missouri-shot-killed-man-pulled-gun-084531706.html

Apparently he was an armed black man before he was dead.

I can't really tell anything from the video, but he supposedly pulled a gun on the cop and now is dead.

Then protests broke out. Apparently the new rule is cops aren't supposed to shoot anyone that is black

EDIT: Correction....right at the end of the video the guy on the left hand side can be seen raising his arm with a gun in his hand.
  • So, the sub-headline was "60 Gather at Site."

This lead me to imagine 60 cops shooting a dead guy.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Actual headline in today's WSJ.

So did the cops shoot a dead man? Or did the cops shoot a man dead?

This happened about two miles away from Ferguson, btw.

It's the Dirty Digger's not-so-subtle influence. He's dragged down the quality of every newspaper he owns. :rolleyes:
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Oh and before Comic asks...yes, he pulled a gun on the cop at near point blank range, he completely deserved to do die.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 1,436 Senior Member
    But he was such a good boy! They didn't have to shoot him, they could have tazed him. He was in fear for his life because the cop was white!
    And the list goes on......
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,318 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-officer-missouri-shot-killed-man-pulled-gun-084531706.html

Apparently he was an armed black man before he was dead.

I can't really tell anything from the video, but he supposedly pulled a gun on the cop and now is dead.

Then protests broke out. Apparently the new rule is cops aren't supposed to shoot anyone that is black

EDIT: Correction....right at the end of the video the guy on the left hand side can be seen raising his arm with a gun in his hand.

Initial reports were he was unarmed.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    jbilly wrote: »
    Oh and before Comic asks...yes, he pulled a gun on the cop at near point blank range, he completely deserved to do die.

If he pulled a gun I agree.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Initial reports were he was unarmed.

By whom? Dorian Johnson?
    By whom? Dorian Johnson?

Oh holy crap that is funny!

That's a wrap folks...nothing left to see here, move along.
    By whom? Dorian Johnson?

I don't know, the mob maybe. But they were not objecting simply because Apparently the new rule is cops aren't supposed to shoot anyone that is black

But I get it. Jbilly gets to make all the asinine comments he wants.
    Jbilly gets to make all the asinine comments he wants.

It's about time you all recognized this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.