Home The Lodge

Movie Review, Sorta

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 11,659 Senior Member
"Nymphomaniac Part 1 - Director's Cut".

Despite the many boring bits this movie has something for everyone over 18. Tear-jerking scenes for the ladies, fly fishing, plug casting and XXX scenes for the gents. Rent it from Netflix and fast forward through the psychobabble.

All it lacks is a lemon party.
The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.

Replies

• seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    Sweet fancy Moses - I just read the synopsis of this movie.

I have no pithy remark.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,659 Senior Member
    That's understandable.

I wonder why (aside from money, of course) actors like Shia LaBeouf, Christian Slater and Uma Thurman got involved in this project.

p.s. In this case, Sweet Fanny Adams or Sweet Fascinating Aida would have been more appropriate by far. (if you have to google include the word euphemism, they are mostly Britspeak expressions.)

Aside: True story - when I lived in London in the 1980s two all-girl bar bands were quite popular - Cunning Stunts and Fascinating Aida.
    The GOP big tent now is the size of a pup tent, its floor splattered with guano.
    George K wrote: »
    That's understandable.

I wonder why (aside from money, of course) actors like Shia LaBeouf, Christian Slater and Uma Thurman got involved in this project.

Was it well done, like artfully made, or did it look thrown together? Seems like it would be a tough movie to make well.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 11,659 Senior Member
    It has good production values. It is not a low grade sexploitation flick.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,549 Senior Member
    Why would you watch a movie with plug casting?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,363 Senior Member
    It also, according to Wiki, early on includes a discussion of the Fibonacci series with regard to no's of sexual encounters.

"In Denmark, where the complete Director's Cut had its general release world premiere on 10 September 2014, all major critics gave it the highest possible ratings. In spite of this, the Director's Cut sold only 3.494 tickets in Danish cinemas."
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 49,774 Senior Member
    As a public service announcement, for those of you wondering how just under 3 1/2 tickets were sold, the Europeans use a decimal point where we use a comma to denote numbers. They also use a comma where we use a decimal point.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I am just going to go with the prevalent theory Europeans are not 100% human.
    Hextall wrote: »
    I am just going to go with the prevalent theory Europeans are not 100% human.

First they give us the plague, now they pull this ****?
    I'll bet Iwan's behind this.
    The British always are.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,210 Senior Member
    The sun never sets on the British Empire..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Hextall wrote: »
    The British always are.

I thought he was Scottish? Didn't he always wear a kilt to the get togethers?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 26,549 Senior Member
    I think it was a plaid skirt. You usually don't wear pumps with a kilt.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    All those Irish look the same.
    I thought he was a Laplander? Didn't he always wear a reindeer coat to the get togethers?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement