Guys, bad news.

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member
Our office halloween picture was rejected by human resources. I'm trying to figure out how to upload it so you animals can judge.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    We were the 2-time defending halloween contest champions. Our dynasty is over.

Amesbury_prep.JPG
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,925 Senior Member
    I have no idea why, but for some reason I'm reminded me of this:

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    I'm not shocked that HR was not cool with this.
    By the way, the guy wearing the fedora is my office arch nemesis. He always tries to make things more funnier and fails miserably. Case in point, we are supposed to be school girls and he wore a **** fedora and sunglasses like a freaking blues brother. Oh, and his name is Kevyn. Yes, with a Y.
    You kid about the Y, yes?
    You think I'd joke about something like that? What is the matter with you?
    I don't like him already.
    Are his parents college professors?

Also, super douchey move on the fedora and sunglasses.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,171 Senior Member
    You have just ruined the fantasies of 57% of men surfing the internet.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    seppala wrote: »
    Are his parents college professors?

I'm not sure, I know his two brothers have PhD's and he's kind of the failure of the family (with his dual masters in engineering and German). He's also from near the town in NH that just had all the riots at pumpkin festival. Also, he's allergic to corn. I've often times had to go out to eat with him because we're out of town for sampling work (like in brooklyn), and our choices are limited because of this stupid corn allergy (i.e. anything with corn syrup in it, which is every **** thing).

One time, we were out to dinner, and he ordered a nut loaf. I have no idea what that is, but at one point he asked me if I wanted to try it and I said very loudly so everyone around us could here, "Do I look like a **** squirell? Of course I don't want to try that nut loaf." then I took a chicken wing, put the whole thing in my mouth and pulled out only the bone. This is mostly a true story.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,969 Senior Member
    This Kevyn...

Does he talk in a fake Southernese accent?
    He also smokes, and holds his cigarettes between his middle and ring finger.

Seriously, how can we not hate him?!?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,969 Senior Member
    Anyone who orders a nut loaf probably wears Chacos...
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I wonder if HR hates him too thus your loss..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Also... One day Kevyn started bringing all these office supplies into his office... reams of copy paper, boxes, bunch of stuff. A little while later, he announced that he's now going to work while standing (standing desk).

He lasted a week, but left all his monitors on the boxes and such so that while sitting, he had to recline almost to 180 degrees to be able to look up at his monitors.

Seriously, this is what happened.
    I hate to Kevyn so **** much I am seeing red right now
    This is his bookshelf at work. He can only use neutrogenia sun screen.

3bb6f841f41f8beab020e83f7b8fefa4.jpg
    Holy hell. This guy is a grade A tool. I would bet you $1000 that he makes special orders at drive-throughs.
    sorry about the rotated photo, just flip your monitor 90 degrees.

Also, Kevyn never comes into work on time, every day arriving at 10 am. about 2 out of 5 days, he'll actually send an email to the office saying he's goign to be late (but right on time for him). Some of the best ones were that his dog puked on his shoes, the upstairs neighbor's fish tank broke and flooded his kitchen, and that he got partway to work (about 30 minutes into a 45 minute drive), it started snowing so he turned around and went home.

Often he'll come up with outrageous excuses to work from home because he asked and being junior, he was denied that privilege. So about once a week he also comes up with a fabulous excuse to work from home (our partner here in our office just ignores him now). Usually the excuse is that in order to save the 1.5 hours commutting time he is going to work from home. Of course this ignores that he could wake up earlier and be here earlier too.

Last story before I go home: He told us that in high school his knickname was KY, because of his name. One of us said something to the effect of "and the lubricant." and he had no idea what we were talking about. then we postulated that KY was the other school kids making fun of him and he had no idea. Poor KY. Poor slippery KY.
    The reason he's my office enemy is because he is that type of guy that will ask you a question, then argue with the answer. When he first started, I was training him on the computer language we use here (IDL) and he was constantly arguing about what IDL could do. I no longer work with him and every week in our staff meeting he says that he has time to help out with projects, and nobody gives him work because it's enraging working with him.

I'm going home now. Goodbye.
    This is my bookshelf as a reference point.

0f2b8f92ddc71244e27464975b5e6de0.jpg

Yes, that's the Walking Dead compendium number one on my shelf alongside such page turners as Water Chemistry and Environmental Chemodynamics.
    One last picture before leaving.

167e447cf3342ef8c12f8ecf25006a03.jpg
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,171 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    A little while later, he announced that he's now going to work while standing (standing desk)
    You need to show him up. Get one of these and you'll also be ready for MTB trails next season.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/the-truth-about-working-on-a-treadmill-desk-2013-11
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    I'll bet he wears a beret..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    We were the 2-time defending halloween contest champions. Our dynasty is over.

Amesbury_prep.JPG

I found these pictures difficult to **** to.

Not impossible, just difficult.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Not impossible, just difficult.

Then this is exactly like every single one of my intimate experiences. Batting a thousand!
    Great news, sports fans! My office won the group category again this year.

I'd suggest that I couldn't have done it without you guys, but you were all worthless in helping with my victory. Suck it!
  • That poor effing dog.
    Great news, sports fans! My office won the group category again this year.

I'd suggest that I couldn't have done it without you guys, but you were all worthless in helping with my victory. Suck it!

What the hell are you talking about? I thought your picture was rejected?
    seppala wrote: »
    What the hell are you talking about? I thought your picture was rejected?

The one above was, we resubmitted the top left picture and we put it on a CD cover.

CD_Cover.JPG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.