Found old pictures in a forgotten photobucket account

HextallHextall Senior MemberPosts: 9,520 Senior Member
I present these to spread goodwill among you animals

This is from a fishing trip with buddies where we stopped for lunch and went into a consignment store and I bought this helmet. You're not really fishing until you need a helmet. RED BULL!
Helmet.jpg

This is a fish I caught czech nymphing
2008-07-0312-26-31_0004.jpg

This is a fly I likely used to try and catch fish like the one above
2008-04-0613-15-38_0006.jpg

This is another one
2008-04-0613-20-48_0025.jpg

And one more
2008-04-0613-14-30_0002.jpg

These are flies I tied to try and catch shad. I never tried.
IMGP0607.jpg

Presented without comment
IMGP0495_resize.jpg

This is the kayak I built in mid-build
020_6.jpg

Replies

• I like your wovens. They need tungsten.

Here's a tip: weave uni-floss for the belly; uni stretch for the back. I think you will like the result.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I use tungsten beads now* on all those woven flies, but don't have any pictures of them though.

* now being relative, I probably haven't tied a fly in 3 years. Because I lazy.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,913 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    Presented without comment
    IMGP0495_resize.jpg

This needs a comment.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    This needs a comment.

I liken it to the end of the last episode of the Sopranos.
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the hardest, how difficult was building the kayak?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,913 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    I liken it to the end of the last episode of the Sopranos.

If you google though there is an explanation. (Hint it has something to do with the guy in the Member's Only jacket.)
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,919 Senior Member
    No more cold Vaseline?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

seppala wrote: »
    On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the hardest, how difficult was building the kayak?

Probably a 4. There's a bit of prep work (making the forms, ripping the strips), but the actual building wasn't that difficult. I did it without staples, so it probably should have taken me about 3-4 months of regular work on it (not nightly, but maybe 3 times a week?). However, mine was a 3 year project because I had no problem letting it sit for months in various states of partial construction while something shiny distracted me.

This was basically my only instruction: http://www.amazon.com/Strip-Built-Sea-Kayak-Rugged-Beautiful-ebook/dp/B0055Y8HJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414689408&sr=8-1&keywords=strip+built+kayak

Mine is strip built (narrow strips edge glued then fiberglassed). Stitch and glue is way easier.
    I cannot keep a secret from you guys.

The vaseline is for encasing a transponder for a depth finder in a foam block inside my fishing kayak. Liquify the vaseline, pour it in with the transponder, and it'll transpond through the hull of the kayak:

IMGP0527.jpg

IMGP0483_resize.jpg
    Also, this is a condom fly, but I've never had success with it.

2008-04-0613-16-27_0010.jpg
  • Hextall wrote: »
    Also, this is a condom fly, but I've never had success with it.

2008-04-0613-16-27_0010.jpg

I can help with this. You need to use crown skinless skin condoms.

Additional tip: take one of those tungsten bodies and build it into the body of this fly.

Additional tip #2: TMC 5263 size 4. That's your hook.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.