Mixed Political Household?

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,407 Senior Member
Do any of you share the same pain I do. I married a liberal...I feel so dirty. Luckily she is mostly a lib on social issues, but pretty neutral on fiscal stuff so we usually don't argue too much. I'm pretty neutral on the social (may surprise some here) but and more conservative on the fiscal stuff.

Anyway we both just filled out our ballots. She won't tell me who she voted for...she learned this little trick a few years ago (it was like pulling teeth to get her to admit she voted for Obama, especially the 2nd go around), but I can almost guarantee we cancelled each other out.

She even gave me this as a Chirstmas present last year.
41dn-f%2BO45L.jpg

I wish I had another pack now

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,196 Senior Member
    That's why she is known as "your better half". :p
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,165 Senior Member
    Can't be too bad. My best friend and his differ religiously. She is traditional Christian and he somewhat Christian (doesn't take a lot of the Bible literally). He could just as easily be Buddhist. If they can get along, dems & repubs could do it.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,453 Senior Member
    My wife doesn't give a hoot about politics or politicians. She doesn't even vote.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I'm a yankee fan, and Mrs. Hextall (and Spawn Hextall) is a red sox fan. It's a living hell.
  • joekrz wrote: »
    My wife doesn't give a hoot about politics or politicians. She doesn't even vote.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't say my wife doesn't care about politics, but its not where her heart is. Faith, family, and community are her life. Its conservatism with a small, small C.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 2,028 Senior Member
    i just tell my wife how to vote
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • seppalaseppala Senior Member Posts: 1,916 Senior Member
    tim_s wrote: »
    i just tell my wife how to vote

Look at Mr Progressive, allowing his wife to vote.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    I married a liberal also. Thank God. Although I have to admit she's a bit more conservative than I on social issues.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • BFD.

My wife hates Jay Cutler. On Sundays, it's like living with fishingcomic.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,407 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    BFD.

Did you snuggle with Comic or Mrs. Steven when they get their a$$es handed to them by the Patriots
    Social issues of the Pharaoh-cies thousands of centuries later. So archaic & mundane it's beyond immaculate conceptions of the insane; but how else can they continue their survival of the fascists christiananality mentality games. Clintonian Pharaohcy lied about Lewinsky; lied about Never Again, but lemmings jump off wherever they are led as it's the nature of government lunacy so cross conditioned beyond therapy. Pavlov's dog had it easy. Texas two step bowling over the World Trade Centers is the propaganda against Snowden exposing the fourth reich of the Catholic church religion of Islams fabrications & misnomers of deaths to survive as the fittest. No wonder they throw conniption fits for elections & subsequent economic flows at political households since it's never going to be under God, especially with the Pope & the Big Bang as it's direction has always been megalomanical as Pharaohs.

Does Mrs Salty ever get a word in?
    I finally realized what it is the bugs me so much about Mrs. Jbilly being a lib. It is not that she is a lib per say, I mean that wasn't a secret. It is not like I didn't know what I was getting into. She was a lib before and probably always will be. And yet I sleep with the enemy. ;)

No the problem really is that this time of year I get pissed off because not only do we get phone calls from the GOPers, but also from the Libs. This is really what the issue is. I get twice the f*&îng calls! It pisses me off beyond belief. And they keep coming in just this evening I have already received 3 calls. 2 Lib and 1 con. It sucks. Go away bastards! Leave us alone, we voted, shut the f up. .

Ok, rant over.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,913 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    BFD.

She sounds like a wonderfully astute woman who has tremendous amount of patience and nobility.

(I dare you to disagree)
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    She sounds like a wonderfully astute woman who has tremendous amount of patience and nobility.

(I dare you to disagree)

hahahahahaha
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,165 Senior Member

(I dare you to disagree)
    He loses if he disagrees and we all get to point back to this post if he agrees with comic. WIN-WIN for everybody!!!
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • LOL. Not even my wife would agree that she has patience.
  • jbilly wrote: »
    Did you snuggle with Comic or Mrs. Steven when they get their a$$es handed to them by the Patriots

I spent Sunday with Quincy the Wonder Bulldog. Mrs. Steven has been out of town the last 10 days or so.
  • She sounds like a wonderfully astute woman.

She's to the right of Ted Cruz. Can you imagine? I'm the household liberal.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,453 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »

The more I think about what I wrote yesterday, the more I think that maybe my wife has the better idea.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.