I turn 44 next week

13»

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I zig and I zag.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    start hanging out with roller derby chicks.
  • Without the "super-hip photographer" cover, sherb might not be able to pull this off, wife-wise.
    If he bought a new gun to hunt some roller skating carp out of a corvette I think Sherb can absorb all our suggestions into a mid life crisis event.

But instead, he's going to sit on his can reading a story on his kindle. SMH.
  • truco7mateotruco7mateo Senior Member Posts: 192 Senior Member
    You guys have to understand where Sherb lives, that is why I say take up carp fishing. No divorce, no incarceration and they fight like beasts. Problem is, he never calls me to take him out for smallies or carp............his loss. Now I am too busy to mess with them, have to wait till next season I guess.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Hextall wrote: »
    If he bought a new gun to hunt some roller skating carp out of a corvette I think Sherb can absorb all our suggestions into a mid life crisis event.

But instead, he's going to sit on his can reading a story on his kindle. SMH.

that's the real crisis of middle age.
    By the way, I'm not falling for sherb's sly ploy to get me to get him a gift for his b-day by posting this thread with plenty of time for me to go shopping before his big day. I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, bub!
  • You guys have to understand where Sherb lives, that is why I say take up carp fishing. No divorce, no incarceration and they fight like beasts. Problem is, he never calls me to take him out for smallies or carp............his loss. Now I am too busy to mess with them, have to wait till next season I guess.

I will remedy this defect next year once I get the irrigation pump in and whatnot.
  • I think for my birthday I would like to drive a Ferrari. That would be cool.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 22,286 Senior Member
    Do you think you could rent one?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Do you think you could rent one?

The nearest dealer is in SLC, so I doubt it. I wouldn't even know where to begin.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    In place of the Ferrari, do you have any small tracks up there that have a race driving school. You could take a day course then a few laps in whatever they have for the school.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Yeah that actually sounds cool. I am pretty sure they do that in Fontana, a wonderful city. Truly one of the 7 wonders of the world and worth the trip. :D
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    They used to do it here with motorcycles, but you took the school with your own bike. Everything from dual purpose to Honda Goldwings. The next day you could enter a race of mixed bikes.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    That's cool, but I'd like something on a road racing course. Laguna Seca for example.

501px-Laguna_seca_layout.svg.png

Hey he is in Idaho, his options are limited.

This is what you have in Texas

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/
    Hey he is in Idaho, his options are limited.
    Maybe he can take the John Deere for a few laps around da tater field.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,869 Senior Member
    Hookers and blow...what could possibly go wrong.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 916 Senior Member
    You could follow my example and have four angiograms and two angioplasties during the next eight months. Believe me, it kind of makes you appreciate mid-life.

Jim
  • FlyfisherFlyfisher Member Posts: 95 Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I think for my birthday I would like to drive a Ferrari. That would be cool.

Call them at their North American Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ at 201-816-2600. Ask to speak to the Marketing Director. Explain your interest. He can make this happen.
13»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.