Off Topic Fishing Question

GoldenladleGoldenladle Super ModeratorPosts: 3,811 Senior Member
I will be going to Vancouver BC this coming October for a week. Lucky me gets to stay for free and travel expenses paid as well. The situation is somewhat similar to what brought me to Montana. My wife is attending a week long conference and I get to tag along and do what ever I want during the days. I am familiar with the Canadian fishing regulations and daily rod fees so that won't be a surprise. My question(s) has anyone fished there? Any suggestions, tips etc. What should I be bringing along?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Copenhagen. They package their own because of the bilingual requirements. Its not good. If you take more than a certain amount, you have to declare it and pay the duty.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Copenhagen. They package their own because of the bilingual requirements. Its not good. If you take more than a certain amount, you have to declare it and pay the duty.

Golden, sorry have not fished Western Canada, only the eastern portion.

But funny that sherb mentioned Copenhagen. On trips to Labrador we always took along our legal allotment of cigs and smokeless tobacco, they were the most often requested tip for guides. Cost and taxes, at least in eastern Canada, are extremely high.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,780 Senior Member
    if we only had March Brown here.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,811 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »

Chew? Blech!

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    I have fished BC 25+ times. Mostly fly out lakes and streams in the Chilcotin mountains surrounding Nimpo Lake. We also used to fish for salmon out of Campbell River and Port Hardy.

My tip, find a pharmacy and ask for 222. Tylenol + caffeine + a small dose of codeine. It's sold over the counter and will fix what ails you.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.