You gotta love the NFL

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,181 Senior Member
Well I do, but really?

The NFL suspends Gordon for the season for smoking dope but Ray Rice can kick the crap out of his girlfriend and get suspended for only 2 games. Ok you all know I'm not a proponent of pot, but I realize it isn't hurting anyone but Josh in this situation. Would totally understand if he was high and got in a wreck or something, but this is just ridiculous.

Good thing they worry about their image.

Hey kids don't do drugs! But if that **** gets out of line you better punch her!

Replies

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    I know what you are saying but the "rules is the rules." It's time they might think of revamping them. But (without looking it up) a year suspension usually means multiple violations.

To be honest pot isn't heroin, some seem to think it as they sip their Scotch or down that fifth beer. We had Brett Farve, he cheated on his wife continually and seriously abused alcohol and for a time Vicodin. Everyone loved him, he was just a good old boy who never missed a game. The drunks get a pass the pot user is seen as a ax murderer. Legal or illegal, who does more damage? It's an easy one to answer.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.