California Death Penalty found Unconstitutional

Apparently it's too arbitrary. So many people die of natural causes while sitting on death row in California, that it's unfair to those who don't.

I'm against the death penalty (we should never take the risk that any innocent person is executed IMO), but this is a stupid decision.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-california-death-penalty-ruled-unconstitutional-20140716-story.html

Replies

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,260 Senior Member
    With logic like that maybe if they executed 550 of them it would be unconstitutional to not execute the rest of them.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,120 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,260 Senior Member
    That is freaking funny.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    I saw a stupid movie the other night. The premise was that one night a year all laws were lifted. You could do anything you want (including murder) for seven hours (I think). The idea was to relieve everyone's stress.

It appeared to me that it didn't achieve it's objective. You see first the middle class and rich killed all the poor (which was one of the objectives), then they had to turn on each other.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Dude... Spoiler alert?!?
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Hextall wrote: »
    Dude... Spoiler alert?!?

If he was describing the Purge (and I didn't quite see it the way Dog saw it), it's not worth your time. How it made enough to get a sequel is way beyond me.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    How it made enough to get a sequel is way beyond me.

WHAT!?! Again? how about a spoiler alert!?!
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    That I thought it sucked is not a spoiler.

Cersei smoked as a brunette though.
  • JLTJLT Senior Member Posts: 484 Senior Member
    But what does Jamie think about his twin being a brunette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.