The manistream media can't handle the truth

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 2,933 Senior Member
NBC pulled a reporter out of Gaza after he witnessed the killing of four children and reported what he saw on the air.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/07/17/nbc-removes-ayman-mohyeldin-gaza-coverage-witnesses-israeli-beach-killing-four-boys/

Ayman Mohyeldin, the NBC News correspondent who personally witnessed yesterday’s killing by Israel of four Palestinian boys on a Gazan beach and who has received widespread praise for his brave and innovative coverage of the conflict, has been told by NBC executives to leave Gaza immediately.

Yesterday, Mohyeldin witnessed and then reported on the brutal killing by Israeli gunboats of four young boys as they played soccer on a beach in Gaza City. He was instrumental, both in social media and on the air, in conveying to the world the visceral horror of the attack.

Replies

• bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    Allah Snackbar. Bring on the 72 virgins.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,249 Senior Member
    That is 936 virgins.
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    That is 936 virgins.
    Those poor sheep.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
    Reportedly there were over 1500 rockets fired into Israel by Hamas recently. Were all of them virgins ?

Of course they were virgin rockets. You don't think Elon Musk taught them how to make their rockets recoverable do you?
    Can we here some more about the hateful Jews and the peace loving upstanding members of Hamas? It is my favorite bed time story.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/20-missiles-found-in-un-run-school-in-gaza/

In case some think that isn't a reliable source
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/20-rockets-found-gaza-school/story?id=24594286
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Maybe next time a Palestinian asks Ayman Moyheldin "where's the condemnation?" maybe he could answer, "Why should you expect any when you celebrated the kidnapping and murder of Gilad Shaar, Naftali Fraenkel, and Eyal Yifrach?"

Just a thought.
    Steven wrote: »
    Maybe next time a Palestinian asks Ayman Moyheldin "where's the condemnation?" maybe he could answer, "Why should you expect any when you celebrated the kidnapping and murder of Gilad Shaar, Naftali Fraenkel, and Eyal Yifrach?"

Just a thought.

I'd go with it is "locked up safely in the school, right next to the missile pile".
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,933 Senior Member
    Good thought, those Palestinians are like the people who watched as Israel bombed Gaza and cheered at every explosion. People get really weird whenever they are trying to kill each other.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Jeffrey Goldberg, writing for the Atlantic, has a theory: Hamas WANTS Israelis killing Palestinians. Israel is happy to oblige. I liken it to suicide by cop. If you want to make the cops kill you, point a gun at them and they will oblige.

So, I don't know much about this conflict, and maybe Israel isn't in a position politically or strategically to exercise restraint. Given the fact that Gaza could be reduced to rubble at any time, maybe the Israelis feel like they are acting with restraint. But they should avoid to the extent they can taking the bait.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,959 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Jeffrey Goldberg, writing for the Atlantic, has a theory: Hamas WANTS Israelis killing Palestinians. Israel is happy to oblige. I liken it to suicide by cop. If you want to make the cops kill you, point a gun at them and they will oblige.

So, I don't know much about this conflict, and maybe Israel isn't in a position politically or strategically to exercise restraint. Given the fact that Gaza could be reduced to rubble at any time, maybe the Israelis feel like they are acting with restraint. But they should avoid to the extent they can taking the bait.

Most of the world holds Israel to a higher standard than Arabs in general. This simply is racism, categorizing Arabs as "lesser breeds without the law". The same thing is true for most non-white and third world countries, and for Muslims as a group. The sad part is that these groups accept and internalize their lesser status and seem to believe therefore that they may act with impunity, then complain when there are consequences.

As for Arabs, Bernard Lewis' short work "What Went Wrong?" should be required reading for anyone seeking to understand the Middle East.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,959 Senior Member
    And when the USA does it from it's pulpit of too danged lilly brilliant white propaganda it's just business as usual. Dammed be the people, full deception ahead for economic societal farming & ethnic cleansing consequences.

It's not called "ethnic cleansing" here in the USA, but rather "gentrification". :)
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,933 Senior Member
    NBC has reversed its removal of Mohyeldin and is sending him back to report on Gaza/Israel.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/nbc-news-reverses-decision-will-put-ayman-mohyeldin-back-in-gaza/
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,072 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »

There was an interview with an IDF member with video corroboration of the fact that attacks are called off when the likelihood of civilian casualties are too high. Hamas on the other hand is targeting civilians. There are no strategical or tactical considerations other than the loss of Israeli life.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.