Home The Lodge

What's "Different" About This Photo?

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 10,518 Senior Member

(click to enlarge)

No peeking at the link below until after you have guessed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/22/us/its-not-the-living-dead-just-a-funeral-with-flair.html?hp
Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,402 Senior Member
    One finger on each hand has dark nail polish.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    I knew right away. That's a dead man. (Or woman)
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 4,093 Senior Member
    This could get out of hand. And i bet it does.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Ha... She slammed her finger in the car door. Only buffoons do that!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Buffco wrote: »
    I knew right away. That's a dead man. (Or woman)
    Does Buffco have experience with bodies we don't know about? There are lots of places in Georgia where a body can disappear.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Lot of open casket funerals. Mama always made sure we went by to pay our last respects. It doesn't bother me, and I'm glad I do it.

This picture, however, is creepy as hell.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,518 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

This picture, however, is creepy as hell.

Do you like this one better?

(click to enlarge)
    It seems disrespectful and tacky to me. I understand the deceased asked for it.
    I agree with tacky, but whom does it disrespect if the deceased asked for it? Shouldn't we have say over what happens to our own bodies?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 25,534 Senior Member
    That is why when I die, I want to be smoked. The last words I want someone to say about me at my funeral would be, he was delicious.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I'm assuming you will be mixed with something else and afterwards we'll head to the 7-Eleven for Doritos and those nasty hotdogs.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 5,221 Senior Member
    That is why when I die, I want to be smoked. The last words I want someone to say about me at my funeral would be, he finally had some good taste.

Fixed it for you.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,518 Senior Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement