EPA v. EME Homer City Generation

2»

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Succint, but not accurate. This is a ruling that affects much of an industry and the Supreme Court was well aware of this fact. So the "it's a ruling against 'a' business" is incorrect.
    They ruled against a business that can be interpreted as "A" ruling against (no a) business. So what's your fricking point? Are businesses supposed to be immune from regulation? Was the EPA created to go after individuals only? If you find the court to be in error, then argue that point. If the EPA is wrong, then tell us why, but don't whine about poor little industry being the victim.

I'm not anti-business. You know **** well that I benefit from business on a daily basis, so being anti-business is stupid. But business is not made up from a bunch of angels and needs regulation. We can argue all day about the good or bad of a specific regulation, but letting business self-regulate doesn't work.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Uhmmm. Read the thread. Read the part where I say this may be good or bad, but that's not the point. Then really concentrate on Hex' synopsis.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,914 Senior Member
    Ummm. I read the thread. Don't make assumptions.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    FishTX wrote: »
    Ummm. I read the thread. Don't make assumptions.

I could have made different assumptions you would have liked less.

I made one point and only one point - just ask Dryflie. The point was not whether or not this was an appropriate or good decision.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    I could have made different assumptions you would have liked less.

I made one point and only one point - just ask Dryflie. The point was not whether or not this was an appropriate or good decision.

That would be Mr. Dryflie, thank you.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
    dryflie wrote: »
    That would be Mr. Dryflie, thank you.

You were capitalized, be happy.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    There has been a bit of a war going between the natural gas producers and coal producers as to which will provide future electricity. Was the decision against the coal industry or was it in favor of the natural gas industry? I'd say this was a pro-industry decision, IF you own a natural gas company!
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    There has been a bit of a war going between the natural gas producers and coal producers as to which will provide future electricity. Was the decision against the coal industry or was it in favor of the natural gas industry? I'd say this was a pro-industry decision, IF you own a natural gas company!

yep. not to mention pro-solar, pro-wind, pro-conservation, pro recreation, pro health care industries......to name a few who will benefit from the decision.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.