A place for Elizabeth Warren

dryfliedryflie Senior MemberPosts: 1,442 Senior Member
Someone smart on the interwebs suggested a great spot for Ms. Warren. The SCOTUS. Hillary can make this happen and I'm all for it. Choke on it.
“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,255 Senior Member
    I'd rather have her in the Senate.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    I'd rather see her be president.
  • swiperswiper Senior Member Posts: 396 Senior Member
    POTUS

Just saw her railing against lobbyists and bringing up the lost rights of the working class. POTUS please.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member

Might have to wait 10 years for that Scott. This is not an energy and passion you want to waste for 10 years.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,164 Senior Member

She has already stated she doesn't want to be.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/04/elizabeth-warren-im-not-running-for-president/
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    joekrz wrote: »

yeah, sometimes you are called, though. dryflie is probably right -- it's too soon for her -- but her day will come.
    I don't think the country is far enough left for her to win the General Election. But imagine Elizabeth Warren vs Ted Cruz. Talk about a choice.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I don't think the country is far enough left for her to win the General Election.

Then again, reasonable people, of any party, will run from this: LINK (go to 10:22). Would love to hear what sherb says about that. ROFL.
    mikgaes wrote: »
    Then again, reasonable people, of any party, will run from this: LINK (go to 10:22). Would love to hear what sherb says about that. ROFL.

He is attracting a lot of young people with his isolationist tendencies.
    He is attracting a lot of young people with his isolationist tendencies.

Not that Maine is any serious indication but Paul won a recent straw poll there. http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/204502-paul-wins-maine-straw-poll
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    sherb wrote: »
    Screw that.

A run for President would be nice. Watch her implode like Howard Dean or Michelle Bachmann.
    Steven wrote: »
    A run for President would be nice. Watch her implode like Howard Dean or Michelle Bachmann.

That's true. Then we would be rid of her for good.
    Right, because she is just as stupid and crazy as Bachmann.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,575 Senior Member
    Screw that.

Wait just a minute. Would she be the first Native American on the SCOTUS? We really should strive for diversity, sherb.
    Buffco wrote: »
    Wait just a minute. Would she be the first Native American on the SCOTUS? We really should strive for diversity, sherb.

haha, yeah. Totally.
    Do you have proof that she is not some percentage of Native American? In my life I have known dozens of people that claimed it when they had less.
    She said right up front 1/32nd. And she hasn't claimed it since the '90's.
    Right, because she is just as stupid and crazy as Bachmann.

She says some really stupid ****, Harvard professor or not.
    The whole wage/productivity thing was a joke. She'll run with any stupid idea.
    She was listed as a minority so that Harvard could tout its diversity. Do you think a person who is 1/32 anything can reasonably be considered an ethnic minority?
    Was that her doing or Harvard's? I understand the need to marginalize her. But this is a petty and childish way to do it.
    Steven wrote: »
    She says some really stupid ****, Harvard professor or not.
    The whole wage/productivity thing was a joke. She'll run with any stupid idea.

It is no more of a joke than trickle down and tax cuts create jobs.
    Was that her doing or Harvard's?

You've seen a picture of her, right? How would Harvard know about it?
    She listed herself as 1/32nd and they ran with it, but that is not her fault.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,003 Senior Member
    She was listed as a minority so that Harvard could tout its diversity. Do you think a person who is 1/32 anything can reasonably be considered an ethnic minority?

Obviously you've never seen the "one drop" scene in "Show Boat", or read the Edna Ferber novel it is based on. :)
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,575 Senior Member
    After a Christian nations hundreds of years of killing them, now they consider it a time to recognize 1/32 of the anything for the bench?

Well said. First intelligent post in this thread.

Wasn't Warren the one lecturing businesses about their getting rich because "the government" paved the roads to their factories?
    yeah, she was the original purveyor of "you didn't build that."
    Buffco wrote: »
    Well said. First intelligent post in this thread.

Wasn't Warren the one lecturing businesses about their getting rich because "the government" paved the roads to their factories?

If "the government" didn't pave the roads who did? If "the government" hadn't granted land rights to RR companies would the trans-continental RRs exist?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.