Everything Has Gone to Pot

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,149 Senior Member
DSC_0336_zps18abae84.jpg

edit.

DSC_0325-shrine3-28-201411-10-13PM1474x1234_zpsfb8daeb7.jpg
I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,999 Senior Member
    I really like this one. Nice subject and mostly soft light.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    Glad you like it. This pot is at my SILs. I've walked by it a good thousand times. I've always really liked the pot but when I saw the towel on top of it...well, there was no choice. I thank my wife for putting it there. It is another reminder to look at what I see everyday in new ways.

for something entirely different......

never mind, I don't think this image fits this crowd.
    Wetdog wrote: »
    It is another reminder to look at what I see everyday in new ways.
    so true....
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »

never mind, I don't think this image fits this crowd.

speaking as one who has posted a lot more photos to this site I wouldn't leap to that conclusion -- picture posts often go unnoted -- I've had photo posts with 60+ views and never a single comment -- and click-throughs from the site to Flickr, which usually means someone's interested enough to look more closely.

if you want comments, just remember to use the word "guns" in the title. Works every time.

as for me, I am constantly in awe of how sophisticated your eye is. I dont' always comment but always appreciate the quality of seeing that goes into your photographs. Some photographers will spend a lifetime with a camera and still pass over the stuff you see.
    Thanks Scott, I really appreciate that. I've always been one to look at smaller parts before the whole and the things that seem insignificant. I really just put stuff up so there is something to look at other than the norm for here. I hope some enjoy them, whether they comment or not. I've had the 112 views without a comment, that's fine. That's far better than "Man that sucks" every time.

Sex works better than "guns." But only by a little.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,026 Senior Member
    Good photos, but I'm also highly impressed with the pottery. both my sisters are potters; one has even managed to support herself at it for the better part of fifty years.

Jim
  • JLTJLT Senior Member Posts: 484 Senior Member
    Does the pot have a double B mark on the bottom? It looks like my favorite potter Brian Beam...

OTUyOEJCNUQ4MzFFQjQzNkY0MjA6NmY2YTQyZjJkODU3YzlhMWNjMmM2YzkwMmI1YzJlMDc=
    as for me, I am constantly in awe of how sophisticated your eye is.
    Butner nailed it. I have noticed this too. It is like an eye trained in other mediums, such as drawing, painting and sculpture and different genres among those mediums.

• dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Gosh, so you only have one eye. So sorry about that. How did it happen? I bet Hextall was involved.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
    Jim, That is a beautiful pot, you have a good eye. I believe it's by my wife's BIL-Willem Gebben--he makes great wood fired stoneware. He's done nothing else since his "apprenticeship" in England. He's been forming clay for nearly fifty years.
    JLT,

nice pots but no, Willem Gebben.
    FishTX wrote: »
    Butner nailed it. I have noticed this too. It is like an eye trained in other mediums, such as drawing, painting and sculpture and different genres among those mediums.

You have to remember I came "seriously" into photography only after forty years of the pencil and the gouge. I just really started with the camera two years ago--I don't count the first year.
    I don't count the last 36 years. Don't know when I'll get around to counting.

FishTX wrote: »
    I don't count the last 36 years. Don't know when I'll get around to counting.

Don't count, just do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.