Supreme Court takin our guns

2»

Replies

• swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    I'm not gonna feel safe until those arm-grabbers are eating with plastic spoons.... even then, did you see Silence Of The Lambs?
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,585 Senior Member
    I'll say this, it has been fun to watch Swizz devolve into a rightwad over the past couple of years.

;) (sorta, kinda)
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Obama made me this way.
    From a bleeding heart liberal to a gun hugging conservative.
    I'm like an evil butterfly.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,693 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    ha
    (hold my beer and watch this)
    Take an abusive chick's gun away (or dude) and they will eventually just beat their spouse to death or stab em, or rolling pin, or etc. I'd rather be shot. Let em keep the dang guns, heck, give em a bigger gun. Helps expedite the inevitable. Between that and Darwin's Law we might have a chance at thinning the herds on this overpopulated marble. Let that sweaty Billy Bob in the KMart tanktop do his thing efficiently, it's the modern version of natural selection. If he kills himself afterward... BONUS!
    .... gun fearin pansies, some of you are. Can't you see the trees trough the forest? Shame on you and apologize to Billy Bob, NOW.
    Welcome to my world, the world of Red Bull.

A late friend of ours who was a surgeon was the only person I know who was happy to see Pennsylvania's helmet law repealed. He said it would improve the gene pool and increase the supply of organs for donation.

The difference between him and you is that in your model innocent people are killed rather than fools who bring it on themselves.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    A late friend of ours who was a surgeon was the only person I know who was happy to see Pennsylvania's helmet law repealed. He said it would improve the gene pool and increase the supply of organs for donation.

As an organ recipient (even thought mine was a living donation from my brother) I am all for not having helmet laws. Actually I'm even in favor of having to opt out of donation.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    A friend is an ER nurse, they call the crotch rockets organ donor bikes..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,942 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    A friend is an ER nurse, they call the crotch rockets organ donor bikes..

Mike

In my opinion every motorbike is an organ donor bike.

I prefer 4 wheels and being enclosed by metal and air bags myself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,317 Senior Member
    So you like living in a cage. Good for you.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

When I was young, felt immortal and had really good reflexes I liked bikes (small Yamaha, Norton Atlas) and two seater roadsters (Sunbeam Alpine) that offered no crash protection aside from lap belts.

Now that I'm old, understand that I am all too mortal and the edge is off my reflexes I too like a safe car.
    Cars are too small, need a truck now!! I had a Sunbeam Tiger in my youth, driving around with your butt 8" off the road was exhilarating ..

Mike
    Yeah now I am starting to think, what would I be missing out on, my crapping my pants years?

Seriously, there are ways to ride safe and the biggest threat to motorcyclists are careless drivers. If you are truly concerned about them, do not run them over.

When I am no longer responsible for my mom I want this.

_27325.jpg

But I would also like a car for my day to day.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,176 Senior Member
    When I am no longer responsible for my mom I want this.

_27325.jpg

Can I have dibs on your kidneys. :D
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,942 Senior Member

No. I like driving in a 5400 lb cage on the road when there are other cages just as heavy or heavier around me.

Never know when when one of those cages will blow a stop sign or stop light or be texting and driving.

Motor bike offers zero protection against 5000 lb cages.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    ricinus wrote: »
    Cars are too small, need a truck now!! I had a Sunbeam Tiger in my youth, driving around with your butt 8" off the road was exhilarating ..

Mike

Could the chassis, steering and brakes handle all that power and torque? My 1600 had "Stage II" tuning (twin two-barrels, less restrictive exhaust and perhaps a hotter cam) and it sometimes pushed them to their limits. Four wheel drifts on twisty roads were a lot of fun.

It had been raced and leaked oil like a sieve. I bought it in 1967 for $350 when it was two years old. It threw a rod and was totaled a year later.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Can I have dibs on your kidneys. :D

It would be like buying a transmission from an used Yugo.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I only skimmed this thread, but from what I can tell, I'm now allowed to grab my wife's arm violently if I shoot out the supreme courts internal organs while riding a motorcycle with Wade Boggs.

Circle one: Yes No
    Did you just call me a bigot?
    George K wrote: »
    Could the chassis, steering and brakes handle all that power and torque? My 1600 had "Stage II" tuning (twin two-barrels, less restrictive exhaust and perhaps a hotter cam) and it sometimes pushed them to their limits. Four wheel drifts on twisty roads were a lot of fun.

It had been raced and leaked oil like a sieve. I bought it in 1967 for $350 when it was two years old. It threw a rod and was totaled a year later.

IIRC, the 289(originally a 260) wasn't that much heavier than what was in the Alpine, so chassis and braking were OK. Handling was poor for a supposed sports car, but acceleration was unbelievable, but you had to watch for wheel hop.. As for torque, the weak link was the hydraulic clutch system and gear shift linkage, I drove home a few times stuck in one gear or another. I only had it for about a year..

Mike
    That's because the KKK **** Bolsheviks were left clutching the throw out bearing thus burning the plates with the US Constitution.

Mike
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,522 Senior Member
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,522 Senior Member
    Okay, the babblefish word generator needs a new algorithm, because this one's lost its inventiveness...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.