Where's the outrage?

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 5,181 Senior Member
About Colbert? With this being such a rightwad board I figured there would be an 8 pager on it by now. ;)

Replies

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    My outrage will have to wait for the next NFL season, and the new round of questionable "after further review" calls.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,756 Senior Member
    This is what Colbert does. It's his way of poking fun at the rightwad establishment of classism, sexism and bigotry. It seems to me that people wouldn't be upset over this if they were familiar with The Colbert Report's schtick.

Hell, I've read polling data that suggest that upwards of 10% of self described conservatives who are familiar with his show actually believe that he is a right wing pundit! So there's that...

Edit to add that these are older polls but I'd bet there are significant numbers who still don't get it.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • JLTJLT Senior Member Posts: 484 Senior Member
    Right? The left turn signal burned out a long time ago on this board...
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,591 Senior Member
    Maybe because the rightwadders here are smart enough to understand satire.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,181 Senior Member
    Well maybe I don't get it because I don't watch his show. But I thought what he said was not part of the show? That he tweeted it after it?

http://gazette.com/cancelcolbert-stephen-colbert-accused-of-racism-over-asian-tweet/article/1517251

I've read a couple of the article on it and see he now says he didn't write it. Much like Duck Dynasty though I am sure it won't be bad publicity.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    The Colbert show Twitter account isn't run by him. He has his own Twitter account.

Regardless, I thought he said it on his show what was then tweeted later by the show Twitter account.

Anyone that was offended by it should step in front of an oncoming bus.

Sent from my Nexus 7
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,591 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Well maybe I don't get it because I don't watch his show. But I thought what he said was not part of the show? That he tweeted it after it?

http://gazette.com/cancelcolbert-stephen-colbert-accused-of-racism-over-asian-tweet/article/1517251

I've read a couple of the article on it and see he now says he didn't write it. Much like Duck Dynasty though I am sure it won't be bad publicity.

I had no idea that Duck Dynasty is a parody. Well now that makes it more entertaining.

BTW Duck Dynasty's ratings are tanking.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    I'd point out that it's little surprise that the Twitterverse exploded on this, but I might be called a bigot again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.