How is your baseball team looking?

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 6,805 Senior Member
Well, it's almost that time of year again! How do you think your favorite/hometown team will do?
I am hesitant to place an over/under on the amount of Pirates' wins but if pressed (I did start this thread) I am going to say 88 wins and no playoff appearance as St. Louis wins the division and the Bucs just miss a wild card spot. I imagine I will be satisfied with two winning seasons in a row after so much suffering.
So, what are your realistic expectations for your team?

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,952 Senior Member
    optimisitc - sox pitching is solid, bullpen should be strong

relying on some young guys on the left side of the infield.......they've looked good this spring

sizemore's spring has been a pleasant surprise

east is always unpredictable - but 92-95 wins is more than reasonable
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    I am just hoping more wins than broken hips for the Yankees.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,879 Senior Member
    If the Yankees stay healthy a playoff spot is a reasonable expectation, but that's a big IF.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    In Colorado, just hoping The Rockies don't get lapped (as in twice as many wins) by the Dodgers, consistent with the difference in payrolls.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,023 Senior Member

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,201 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    In Colorado, just hoping The Rockies don't get lapped (as in twice as many wins) by the Dodgers, consistent with the difference in payrolls.

+1. I missed out on the kid first ball game last year due to business travel...grumble grumble... they really liked it and have been asking when we can go back.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,805 Senior Member
    Coors Field is nice! Went and saw them play SD last August and ponied up for really good seats. Nice stadium, great and friendly crowd, very good beer being sold in the concourses!

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,969 Senior Member
    Not sure, and today, dad said not so good.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,969 Senior Member
    I'm going to try for one home game with dad and Judy (his wife).
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Wait til next year?
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure this guy just bought the jacket.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/3/31/5569138/robinson-cano-yankees-fan

It's going to be feast or famine this year.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,201 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »

After that beating it might be a very long season.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Opening Day(s) is the suck. I hate how it is done now. If they're going to play elsewhere it should be preseason games.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,805 Senior Member
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    Opening Day(s) is the suck. I hate how it is done now. If they're going to play elsewhere it should be preseason games.

Totally agree. It's like baseball is taking a page from Goodell's playbook: How to kill the golden goose through overexposure.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.