Jared Allen

To the Bears. Four year deal.

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,960 Senior Member
    Yeah... What are you going to do when he is broken down after this upcoming season. His cap number is gonna suck when you have to eat it for the remainder of the contract. Don't get me wrong, he would have been a good signing for a year (or two years to reduce his dead money) but I don't like a four year deal.
    On the other hand, if your management thinks your team is good enough to make a deep run then adding him could be a big plus.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,259 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Yeah... What are you going to do when he is broken down after this upcoming season.

I don't know, the guy is a freaking beast. He could probably still kick **** with a bum arm or leg. He is sure fun to watch
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    In the bizarro world of NFL contracts, it's apparently really a three year deal.

He's a couple of years younger than Peppers, and played better, so he's clearly an ugrade. Bears management is clearly in win now mode and has made a ton of changes on the defensive side of the ball.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    He can't stop the run anymore. Watch, you'll see teams go after him. The Bears would have better off with Peppers.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Nah. We had the worst pass rush and the worst run defense in the league last year. At least one thing will get better. (I think with other additions to our line, the run D will be better also).

You better hope that Peppers was really negatively affected by the hammy he got in pre-season last year. He was basically invisible all of last season.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,115 Senior Member
    The Bears still suck.

:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    If Peppers can pull off just those seven sacks (and pressures) again this year it will be enough. Starting opposite Matthews or in front of him, makes his value go up. What I think he's really is coming here for is a veteran presence on the DL, how he goes about preparation etc, etc should have value for the young players. The value of a player often is greater than just what you see on film. Woodson elevated the secondary play for the same reason by teaching film study to the then young DBs. If the young D lineman have gotten over their injuries, Peppers I think will boost their play.

edit. What Joe said. (grin)
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.