Why is it?

13»

Replies

• Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Steven,

I just want to congratulate you on two multi-page threads in back to back posts. That is no small feat in this era of The Lodge. I wish our historian would come back and somehow incorporate this into his memoirs. If you draw Pio back with your union thread I'm thinking you are definitely in the running for poster of the year.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,869 Senior Member
    Truth will out.

I have screamed for GM's blood for a very long time. My mantra was "Death to LaSalle, death to Pontiac, death to Oldsmobile, death to Saturn, death to Geo!"; and it worked.

Alas, someone else was screaming "Death to SAAB", and I had to sell my 2006 9-5 wagon after only seven years because I could not get parts for it.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,149 Senior Member
    I have a pitchfork.

As Joe said (I think) GM makes crappy cars, I wouldn't own one and never have.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,023 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    I have a pitchfork.

As Joe said (I think) GM makes crappy cars, I wouldn't own one and never have.

Having had a couple in years past that cost me hundreds of dollars to keep running then died on me...Seeing co-workers GM products stall and die out in the parking lot at work the past 22 years and watching them spend hundreds of dollars to keep running...Seeing my in-laws transmissions go out on 3 GM product they owned with less than 75,000 miles.

Nope. Never own one again. They make junk. I think making crappy cars was partially responsible for their recent downfall.

2003 out in the middle of nowheresville MT for a fishing trip..followed a friend out there with my 170,000 mile Toyota truck. He had brand new Chevy Tahoe with less than 20,000 miles. Guess which vehicle made it there and back without any problems?

Fuel pump exploded on the Tahoe. Gas everywhere. No cell phone service. He was lucky to have OnStar. They sent the firetrucks and later the tow truck.

SmithBreakdown2002.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.