Cuba cuts tax rate for foreign companies

to 15%.

File this under things that make no sense.

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,891 Senior Member
    Raul seems more a pragmatist than an ideologue. Once Fidel shuffles off the old mortal coil Cuba will become the next Vietnam. This is one of the early steps to prepare for that day.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,274 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    Raul seems more a pragmatist than an ideologue. Once Fidel shuffles off the old mortal coil Cuba will become the next Vietnam. This is one of the early steps to prepare for that day.

Wait... Fidel is still ALIVE??!?
  • JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    You'd be surprised who's still alive. Eli Wallach, **** Van ****, Fidel . .

So Castro has a gift presented to him by a foreign dignitary. Its a tortuga. The dignitary explains that Turtles live a while. "how long?" Asks Castro. "150 years," explains the guest.

"that's the problem with pets." says Castro. "just when you get attached to them, they get old and die."
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Ever see one of his speeches.. Time has no meaning to the man..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,762 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    You'd be surprised who's still alive. Eli Wallach, **** Van ****, Fidel . .

So Castro has a gift presented to him by a foreign dignitary. Its a tortuga. The dignitary explains that Turtles live a while. "how long?" Asks Castro. "150 years," explains the guest.

"that's the problem with pets." says Castro. "just when you get attached to them, they get old and die."

Most shockingly Keith Richards still lives.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    You know who really surprised me? Olivia DeHavilland and Lauren Bacall. Alive and well.

But how depressing would it be to get on the internet and google yourself and the only story about you is a listicle listing all of the people thought to be dead but are actually still alive.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,817 Senior Member
    Abe Vigoda shocked me. He looked really old when he was on Taxi.
    Was Abe Vigoda on Taxi and Barney Miller? Or are you thinking of Judd Hirsch?
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,952 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Was Abe Vigoda on Taxi and Barney Miller? Or are you thinking of Judd Hirsch?

Abe was on Barney Miller and the spinoff, Fish

Judd Hirsch & Christopher Lloyd were on Taxi
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,274 Senior Member
    Blows my mind. I guess I was thinking about Hugo Chavez.

Fidel was on his death bed, what, 5 years ago? Are you guys sure he's not dead? We should summon the ghost of Hextall to be sure.
    Yeah, looked like he was a goner, but he escaped the Grim Reaper somehow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.