Who has

bakerloobakerloo BannedPosts: 980 Senior Member
a tingle in their leg right now? Come on, tell the truth. The POTUS makes you tingle.

Replies

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,196 Senior Member
    It was more like a tremble in my bladder. Both from the award show antics by the strivers as he enters and exits, and a speech that was at least half again as long as it should have been. The Republican response was even more inane. At least Obama mentioned a few specific ideas in his extended oration; she provided none at all.

Watching Biden and Boehner's expressions provided some comic relief. The Speaker looked extremely dyspeptic.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 10,454 Senior Member
    He makes me tinkle. Not tingle.

Didn't really watch it. It was on in the background while my wife and I were working on business plans for 2014.

Kind of reminded me of Charlie Brown...all I heard was...wah, wah, wah...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,985 Senior Member
    **** wasted no time in disgustingly blowing his nose behind Obama and mugging a variety of repulsive faces. They should put the speaker and VP someplace else. Very distracting.
    And yeah, the mugging by people was gross. But I noticed they had what must have been all the women in the House there to kissikiss the Pres on camera. Obviously staged. So with the GOP response we found out what campaign 2014 will be about! Pretty much a "show about nothing".
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,567 Senior Member
    I made it about half way through the address.
    When he started flapping his jaw about ACA I'd had enough.... I switched channels to Big Bang Theory.
    I used to like his little pep talks. Now I know they are just fluffy bullspit, just like every other prez before him.
    Sorry cheerleaders, not buying this "feel good" crap anymore. He's become a parody of himself.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • Give me Boehner looking constipated any day. What's he supposed to do? Stand up and cheer?

**** was that Larry the Lounge Lizard thing that Biden pulled? About a quarter way through he points at somebody with his hand like a gun, winks and starts leering like he's somebody's creepy uncle. Debbie Wasserman ain't that hot.
  • creekguy wrote: »
    **** wasted no time in disgustingly blowing his nose behind Obama and mugging a variety of repulsive faces. They should put the speaker and VP someplace else. Very distracting.
    And yeah, the mugging by people was gross. But I noticed they had what must have been all the women in the House there to kissikiss the Pres on camera. Obviously staged. So with the GOP response we found out what campaign 2014 will be about! Pretty much a "show about nothing".

Agreed. Put the VP and Speaker somewhere else.

Supposedly there's no staging. First come, first served and there's no dibs or saving places. People show up to sit on the aisle as much as 10 hours in advance. Makes me think there's a run on Depends at the 7/11 next to the Capitol.

Who was the old biddy in the organge coat thing? She looked like one of those freaks you see at the Democratic Convention.
  • The woman at 22 seconds sitting in front of Debbie Wasserman. That's the weirdo. Her outfit looked orange on my TV.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,407 Senior Member
    I missed it all as I took my daughter (went with her BFF and her Dad) to the Fresh Beat Band...it was painful but the girls loved it. And without watching the State of the Union I know the concert was still better. Plus I got to spend the evening with my kid at her 1st ever concert and I am sure she wil remember it for ages. A much better way to spend my time.
    Steven wrote: »

Who was the old biddy in the organge coat thing? She looked like one of those freaks you see at the Democratic Convention.

She was bizarre looking. I have no idea who she is.

Your memory is short, there are plenty of odd looking creatures at the GOP Convention. I've been to my local Republican Club a few times. Some of the regulars made her look like she stepped out of a Norman Rockwell painting.
  • Not short, but selective. :)

She was standing up, cheering at some women's issue. Shaking her fist over her head and turning back to the crowd in the balcony. Weird. You'd think she was at a ball game.

Do I remember correctly that the cameras would show a Senator or somebody in the crowd and they'd flash who that was?
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,567 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Not short, but selective. :)

She was standing up, cheering at some women's issue. Shaking her fist over her head and turning back to the crowd in the balcony. Weird.
    I think I know who you mean but not sure who she was. Kinda vaguely resembled the Lady Elaine puppet from Mr Rogers.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    swizz wrote: »
    I think I know who you mean but not sure who she was. Kinda vaguely resembled the Lady Elaine puppet from Mr Rogers.

Orange dress, dark red dye in the front part of her hair. Sort of a cross between a warmed over hippy and a Hari Krishna, with a little punk sensibility tossed into the mix.
  • George K wrote: »
    Orange dress, dark red dye in the front part of her hair. Sort of a cross between a warmed over hippy and a Hari Krishna, with a little punk sensibility tossed into the mix.

Nailed it.
    I've got it. It was Salty! He/she's everywhere.
  • whose names I could only pronounce phonectically

Generally speaking, phonetically is the best way to pronounce all names.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    It would be a hoot of Salty was a 13 year old hacker girl.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    ouzelpro wrote: »
    It would be a hoot of Salty was a 13 year old hacker girl.
    Like Heero? Or was that Savannah?
    Isn't Salty the previously dead guy? (Cappy Duane?) I thought that was established.

Mr. Saltydancindave, are you now, or have you ever been, previously dead?
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Like Heero? Or was that Savannah?

I've fished with Heero. He's a relatively young man.

Ten years or so ago a bunch of us from the old board met up to fish for hickories at Deer Creek in Maryland. The two I remember meeting are Heero - a man -and Fishingmaniac - a woman.

I haven't a clue as to Savannah's real identity, but I think some here do know.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    I was Savannah.
    Buffco wrote: »
    I was Savannah.

I believe you.
  • Buffco wrote: »
    I was Savannah.

You were loved with all of Heero's body.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    "Eating cake in the closet"

- The Hinge on Savannah

Lodge Hall of Fame quote.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Thank you, I had forgotten that jewel.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,407 Senior Member
    SDD,

I get you are against the KKKchurchfederallynchingdrugcopcarpetbaggingcrockarabterrorists and all....but are you against cake too?
    You can have your cake & eat it to if that's it represents, since it seems it's a culinary failure.

Now that is as funny as the KKK burning the church state constitution at a cake eating contest.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,165 Senior Member
    If Buffco is Savannah, then Buffco has a nice voice. BTW love the pic of the.....you sent.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    If Buffco is Savannah, then Buffco has a nice voice. BTW love the pic of the.....you sent.

You're welcome sugar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.