So much for going fishing

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
Had a **** heart attack this morning

I survived it.

Prognosis still uncertain. But I'm thinking fishing tomorrow is not gonna happen

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,810 Senior Member
    Oh, ****.
    I hope you feel better and that the diagnosis isn't too bad.
    Hang in there!

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    Oh no! You okay?

Hmm. On the other hand, there were those Facebook posts where you looked down on my McRibs... who's laughing now, huh???

Seriously, glad you're not dead.
  • Oh hell. Wasn't expecting that. Hope you're ok.

Keep us posted .
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    There's plenty of fishing for you to do in the future, take your meds and you'll be fine. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Ed
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,886 Senior Member
    Good luck Scott. I hope you have a quick and complete recovery.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Geez Scott, sorry to hear this. Take care...

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,204 Senior Member
    Take care of yourself...glad you are still kicking...best wishes.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    You still haven't done your AMA thread. I hope they're able to figure everything out and you're on the mend.
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    These warning attacks are scary but very valuable. You'll get the right medication and program and be better than ever.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,021 Senior Member
    ****, Scott! I'm suspecting that part of your worries right now concern your mother's death from heart problems at an early age. Treatment has changed so much over the years, though, that full recovery these days is the vast norm, so cheer up and get ready to spend time walking a lot, eating lots of whole grains, and choking down vast numbers of fish oil capsules. Anyway, welcome to the club; my mother's family has a long history of popping off at forty-five or so and I tried my level best at forty-nine, but I'm still kicking at 68 and plan to continue a while. By the time the spring hatches start in, you'll be back on the water. Rest easy and know our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jim
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Give your self a hug cause you dodged a bullet. Get better!
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    Thanks guys. Angiogram starts in about an hour - will know more by 3:30 pm PST
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 23,749 Senior Member
    You hang in there Scott. We are all pulling for you.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,969 Senior Member
    Was this after you went to the hospital? I think you said on FB that they thought that was not a heart attack.

Your in my thoughts and I wish you a speedy recovery.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Quick update - successful procedurw
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,886 Senior Member
    Glad to hear it.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Great news Scott.. Uhh, how does this affect his standing in the dead pool??

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,810 Senior Member
    Good to hear that it went well.
    Get well soon and let us know how you are doing when able!

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    If you need me to punch you in the heart to get it running again, I will do it.

When they were doing the procedure, did they happen to find your godless soul? Haha

Get better. I command thee!
    Glad to hear it Scott.
    Heart sustained minimal damage. No stents or balloons, just 9 months if meds and a lifetime of diet change ahead. But I've done it before I know I can again

Gotta listen to every well meaning friend who is on the anti-gluten bandwagon tho.

They still haven't found a soul Hex. But the nurses who have to check the incision on my groin (where they insert the catheter) all laugh at me now.

Not my fault. It's cold in here!
    Gotta listen to every well meaning friend who is on the anti-gluten bandwagon tho.

Stupid question, for weight loss or ??? I guess I could google it, but is there a link between gluten and heart attacks?
    Some claim that it's toxic to the human system (And apparently for some it is). The list of claimed health benefits is endless
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,969 Senior Member
    Not my fault. It's cold in here!
    Tell them you're a grower, not a shower.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    For me, it's the sugar lecture. Did you know its poison?
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,878 Senior Member
    Some claim that it's toxic to the human system (And apparently for some it is). The list of claimed health benefits is endless

My Sister-in law is hot on the no gluten thing and has been for years, I remain skeptical. Get well Scott, it always freaks me out when people I'm acquainted with of the same age as myself go through this.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Just saw this. Yikes.
    Glad you're OK.
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Have a better new year, Scott.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.