Buffco's AMA

13»

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,573 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    What is your favorite type of game to eat?

If you could go hunting for anything what would it be?

Again, I'm lacking in frame of reference. I like grilled venison wrapped with bacon. I had elk once and it was good.

Anything? How about anywhere? My dream hunt is a 10 day African plains game safari. 80 something species to choose from. I don't care which animals I wound up with except for one. I have always loved warthogs. They are on the low end of trophy fees (about $300 vs a couple thousand for a sable antelope) but I have to have one.

I guess other than that I'd like a trophy whitetail from up north somewhere.
    jbilly wrote: »
    Are you putting up Christmas lights this year? If so when?

Fake or real tree?

Real tree. Always. Wife and kids decorate it. No lights outside.
    Brian D. wrote: »
    Think about your insecurities, pet peeves, and phobias, and tell us, what would be lined up for you in your own personal room in hell?

I'd rather not think about that, actually. I hate smacking, though. And people who can't have a conversation without topping you. Or when you start to talk after listening politely to them, they immediately look off and start talking to someone else.

I've wanted to put my fist through a few peoples teeth over that last one. "Oh really? You just wanted to hear yourself talk, not carry on a conversation."
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I've wanted to put my fist through a few peoples teeth over that last one. "Oh really? You just wanted to hear yourself talk, not carry on a conversation."

****... The reason I suggested these ask anything threads is so I could do one. Haha.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,292 Senior Member
    How drunk was Mrs. Buffy when you duped her into saying " I do"
  • Brian D.Brian D. Senior Member Posts: 4,011 Senior Member
    I guess other than that I'd like a trophy whitetail from up north somewhere.

Do we count as "up north"? My brother has spotted a big, fat buck on his farm that spent the last part of the fall eating all of his produce before my brother could harvest it and get it to the farmer's market. He has been hunting that buck through archery and muzzleloader and now into rifle season with no success. Maybe you need to convince him to let you come up here and put a hit out on that sucker.
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Just introduced my daughter to House of Pain Jump Around. She said "that's my jam". This is good? Yes?
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
    Could you kick a 35 yard field goal?

Have you ever trimmed your pubes?

While walking in the woods do you ever walk into a spider web? Do you sort of do a freak out dance when you do? I do.

If someone at work had lettuce stuck in their teeth, would you tell them?

Have you ever Dutch ovened your spouse?

Without googling, do you know what a "screaming dragon from Tokyo" is?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Hextall wrote: »
    Could you kick a 35 yard field goal?

Have you ever trimmed your pubes?

While walking in the woods do you ever walk into a spider web? Do you sort of do a freak out dance when you do? I do.

If someone at work had lettuce stuck in their teeth, would you tell them?

Have you ever Dutch ovened your spouse?

Without googling, do you know what a "screaming dragon from Tokyo" is?

Sent from my Nexus 7

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

No.

No.
    Bak4Mor wrote: »
    Just introduced my daughter to House of Pain Jump Around. She said "that's my jam". This is good? Yes?

They suck less than Van Halen. I say good.
    Brian D. wrote: »
    Do we count as "up north"? My brother has spotted a big, fat buck on his farm that spent the last part of the fall eating all of his produce before my brother could harvest it and get it to the farmer's market. He has been hunting that buck through archery and muzzleloader and now into rifle season with no success. Maybe you need to convince him to let you come up here and put a hit out on that sucker.

Y'all have bigger deer than I do. A 140 class would be a monster to me.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,560 Senior Member
    And people who can't have a conversation without topping you.
    Where did kanaloa go?
    Have you seen his duck?
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    Tell us a short story about something that would only happen in rural Georgia.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I ran over a dog with a backhoe.
    I ran over a dog with a backhoe.

Awesome. I would read this again.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Time to pass the torch. Hextall, it's your turn.
  • Bak4Mor wrote: »

University of Wisconsin - Madison, here she comes.
  • My new copy of Garden & Guns just arrived. What is pone? Why would somebody eat it?
  • Can you speak a foreign language?
    You ever had a pastrami sandwich?
    Steven wrote: »
    My new copy of Garden & Guns just arrived. What is pone? Why would somebody eat it?

Sigh. Come down here for a month. You need a Country Makeover.
    Steven wrote: »
    Can you speak a foreign language?
    You ever had a pastrami sandwich?

I can get by with Spanish.

No.
  • Let me know when you're going to be in NYC. If I'm there, we're going to a deli. You can tell me all about pone.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 7,018 Senior Member
    Same as Hex: Have you visited any National Parks/Monuments and if so which ones did you like?
    What is the farthest A) west and B) north that you have travelled?
    Where are you in GA?

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk
    Went to DC. That's the only one that's leaping out at me. The Vietnam Wall was very sobering. Found our hometown boy that was KIA on the wall. Arlington was another "favorite", not to be cavalier with the term, but again, sobering and humbling.

The Capitol tour was neat and whole we were there we bumped into our Representative, Jack Kingston. Daddy introduced us and Kingston said, "follow me" and took us on a behind the scenes tour. Saw the Speakers office, some balcony that some president gave a speech from (I was 14, can't remember) and other things. Very cool.

Farthest west? Salt Lake City. North? 800 miles north of Montreal. Daddy took me on a guided lake trout/northern pike fishing trip when I was 16. I might as well have been on the moon. There was no grass and no dirt. Only rocks with lichens. Saw a wolf and dead caribou that hunters landing on the lake in bush planes were bringing back from spike camps.
    Where in GA? Extreme southeast. Just northwest of Jacksonville FL. That's where we go when we need our "big city" fix.

Here's a map I made for Brian D some time back.

d1d9fdfd.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.