Ask Sherb anything.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Thanks for being in the barrel sherb. This has been fun. How about whoever was in the barrel pick the next person?

Then that person starts their own thread when they can answer questions over a day or two. Maybe a moderator can lock the thread when the barrelee is done and calls out the next witness.

Obviously we have some pathetically regular posters (me) but I think it would be fun to also call out some of the guys who don't post as frequently as jackholes like me, guys like creekguy or oc stomias.

Sound like a plan?
    This doesn't mean sherb is done if he doesn't want to be done. We all must reach completion while in the barrel.
    Some more questions:

Jason Bourne or James Bond?
    Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
    Brad Pitt or Ryan Reynolds?
    If you could punch any animal in the face without recrimination, which animal?
    If someone at work had lettuce stuck in their teeth, would you say something?
    Do you pass gas in your spouse's presence?
  • creekguy wrote: »
    Were you ever bullied as a kid, and did you bully anyone?

yes and yes. I was small enough to get picked on but big enough to pick on others.

allow me a slight digression here. All of this angst over bullying is growing wearisome. Bullying is part of life. Since when do adults get involved in bullying?

Here's the sum total of my dad's instruction on bullies: put on those boxing gloves. jab with your left. protect your face with your right.
  • Hextall wrote: »
    Some more questions:

Jason Bourne or James Bond?
    Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
    Brad Pitt or Ryan Reynolds?
    If you could punch any animal in the face without recrimination, which animal?
    If someone at work had lettuce stuck in their teeth, would you say something?
    Do you pass gas in your spouse's presence?

Bond.
    Jennifer Aniston
    Brad Pitt ( my boss made a "fight club" reference in the local paper yesterday)
    Any animal? Buffco.'
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,308 Senior Member
    jbilly wrote: »
    Will the market continue to rise or should I get out now?

Sherb,
    The market is closed today...but can you please answer soon. My entire future financial well being is dependent on you....no pressures.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    yes and yes. I was small enough to get picked on but big enough to pick on others.

allow me a slight digression here. All of this angst over bullying is growing wearisome. Bullying is part of life. Since when do adults get involved in bullying?

Here's the sum total of my dad's instruction on bullies: put on those boxing gloves. jab with your left. protect your face with your right.

Let me also make something clear for those that have never been on the other side. There is being picked on and then there is bullying. Kids should get over being picked on. But when a kid does what society tells him to do when being bullied then he/she should get the help we always promise will be there. We tell them do not resort to violence, we tell them that we should let the school handle it and then the school pretends nothing is happening.

When I was in JHS I was bullied mercilessly. This kid was bigger than me and made my life a living hell. He burned me with a bunsen burner
    and stabbed me with one of those needles you use for dissecting three inches into my buttocks. He kicked me and punched me everyday. Because I had already been in an altercation earlier that year, I was threatened with expulsion (Catholic School) if I got into another fight. I told the science teacher what was happening and she called me a liar. My life at that school was a living hell as there was not a single kid that did not encourage his behavior. I would literally get sick to my stomach thinking about going to science class. So those of you who think kids should just get over it, have no idea what it is like. You got picked on once so you think you know what you were talking about. But you have no idea what it is like to be bullied relentlessly and made afraid to go to school because that never happened to you.

How did I deal with it? Well I told some of my public school friends and they showed up at the school with 20 other public school kids to take the kid out and beat the crap out him. The police were called and everything, it was actually priceless.

Later the bully and I actually became friends. Then tragically he died in a car accident.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,560 Senior Member
    Sherb..... which DSLR?
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • jbilly wrote: »
    Sherb,
    The market is closed today...but can you please answer soon. My entire future financial well being is dependent on you....no pressures.

Of course. My apologies.

It will continue to rise over the long term.
    swizz wrote: »
    Sherb..... which DSLR?
    Thanks! (from the other thread)
    You mentioned that you were going to do a triathlon (or at least a mini one). Did you?

What road bike do you have?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Hunger Games movies.... are they all that, or over rated?
    also - Will Ferrell, yes or no
    You mentioned that you were going to do a triathlon (or at least a mini one). Did you?

What road bike do you have?

Yes I did. I did a sprint triathlon. My goal is to do the Ventura triathlon in June.

I borrowed a road bike. I've been looking at purchasing one but they are ungodly expensive, even the budget models. the House has priority.
  • swizz wrote: »
    Hunger Games movies.... are they all that, or over rated?
    also - Will Ferrell, yes or no

Will Ferrell is yes, because Anchorman.
    Hunger games? meh.
    I feel like I know you now.
    If you, and I, and comic were in the same biology class together... would you help my bully him?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    How many more ACA posts do you think are necessary before Hextall really loses it??

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    On a scale from 1 to 10 how perfect a cartwheel could you do?
    Heath Ledger or Jack as the joker?
    Do think Michael Jordan was kind of a ****?
    If you had a 8 year old son who wanted to play football, would you let him?

Sent from my Nexus 7
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    What is Tippy doing now?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold
  • Bak4MorBak4Mor Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Did you eat turkey today?
    "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'. It's just for lookin' through. " ~Lone Watie
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,308 Senior Member
    What store are you hitting first this evening?
  • swizz wrote: »
    I feel like I know you now.
    If you, and I, and comic were in the same biology class together... would you help my bully him?

Yes

On a scale from 1 to 10 how perfect a cartwheel could you do?
    Heath Ledger or Jack as the joker?
    Do think Michael Jordan was kind of a ****?
    If you had a 8 year old son who wanted to play football, would you let him?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Jack
    No I didn't think that
    Tough question. Probably not.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    Sherb,

What do you think of the rectum as a whole?
  • bakerloo wrote: »
    What is Tippy doing now?

Retired and living large.
    What was it about tippy that made you pick him? It was an interesting choice... His insider oil industry status (if true, I believed it) and his gloomy outlook always gave me the Willies.

I see you posted post midnight. Did you get sucked into the Godfather on AMC too?
  • I don't really want to intrude on his privacy, but I've fished with him a few times, here and in Canada, and let me just say: he really is the most interesting man in the world.

The real deal is I don't sleep that much any more. I got up to go to the gym this morning, and it was closed. major suckage. Now I'm at the office.
  • Re: Your football question. I'm hearing a lot of buzz about brain injuries and whatnot. I guess the NFL killed some documentary that ESPN was producing about it. But I don't have boys so its not really on my radar and my dreams of gridiron glory are long since gone.
    Let's make this round about fishing.

When was your last time out fishing? How did it go?

I can remember a half dozen special fish I caught and or how I caught them. Do you have any fish you caught that you reminisce about? Tell us the story of two of them if so.

Do you prefer fishing with someone or alone?

What is on your fishing wish list?

How many fly rods do you own?

Do you get jealous when fishing with someone and they are catching and you aren't?

In a day of fishing, would you rather catch 20 below average size fish, or one monster?

How often do you get skunked?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Re: Your football question. I'm hearing a lot of buzz about brain injuries and whatnot. I guess the NFL killed some documentary that ESPN was producing about it. But I don't have boys so its not really on my radar and my dreams of gridiron glory are long since gone.

I think it was Frontline and it aired I believe.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The controversy was espn pulled their name off after allegedly getting pressure from the NFL.

I watched it, it was pretty compelling, especially with regards to how the NFL has buried the head trauma stuff for quite a while.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.