Ask Sherb anything.

Replies

• magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 1,030 Senior Member
    Why did the Saturday Evening Post always arrive on Tuesday?

Jim
  • Hextall wrote: »
    What's the worst trouble you've ever gotten into?

It was really bad, actually. Plead the fifth.
  • Was there a second drift boat or was everything shot from the rear seat?

My buddy and I had an annual fishing trip that went away completely when his daughter (third kid) was born. Prior to that he got to do a lot of stuff many husbands only dream of, like solo trips to Brazil.

Now he has two boys that are his fishing buddies. So teach those girls to fish. BTW I felt weird commenting on FB. But those are two adorable kids. I had to share that powdered sugar story with my mom.

Thanks, yes they are cute. and they know it.

There was a second drift boat that was just cameras. So there's a camera boat, and then there's another camera in the back seat of my boat. They always work with two.
  • Buffco wrote: »
    For someone who likes long form journalism, why are your answers so short?

I'm a better reader than writer.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 24,246 Senior Member
    Cool. It looked like a great day.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Hextall wrote: »
    Lightening round:

How much can you bench?
    can you touch the rim?
    When was the last time you punched someone in the face in anger?
    When was the last time you sharted?
    Ever lick a woman's foot?
    Star Wars or Star Trek?
    Have you had a mid-life crisis yet? If so, what did you buy to alleviate your angst? If not, what would you buy?
    If you could go to one past sporting event to witness in person, what would it be?
    What was your first concert?
    What was the last concert you went to?
    Who do you think is the most fascinating person on the Lodge (past or present)?
    Can you throw a curveball?
    What supercar do you think you'd get if you won a billion dollars in the lottery (or technocracy was the rule of the land)?

not anymore
    1992. I got punched in return.
    star wars
    I think all of this obsessive exercising and paleo eating could be a midlife crisis of sorts.
    Miracle on Ice or the Flu Game.
    Eric Clapton
    Tippy.
    no.
    a King Ranch F 250 powerstroke.
    What was your MOS in the Corps?

How did you decide to become a lawyer?

0351/8654

Mostly by default (history degree).
  • magalloway wrote: »
    Why did the Saturday Evening Post always arrive on Tuesday?

Jim

I'm finally stumped!
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,053 Senior Member
    Are you experienced?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    What is your secret for the perfect Apple Pie crust. Hurry Please.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • sherb wrote: »
    a King Ranch F 250 powerstroke.

That's mine.

Wife: Why in the world would you want a pick up?
    Me: Haul ****
    Wife: We have nothing to haul
    Me: I'd put up fliers. Free hauling.
    Wife: That's ridiculous.
    Me: I don't give a f-ck.
  • Sherb,

What's your conviction record?
    Steven wrote: »
    That's mine.

Peasants. Mine is a 2014 Bentley Flying Spur. I already have a Ram Pickup. BTW Fords suck.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,574 Senior Member
    That's mine.

I'ma make a Jewish redneck outta you yet. Next is ostrich leather boots. And Skoal.
    dryflie wrote: »
    What is your secret for the perfect Apple Pie crust. Hurry Please.

Mary Callenders.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Was there a time in your life when, if you had a gun in your hand, you would have, not in self defense or military duty, shot someone?
  • Steven wrote: »
    Sherb,

What's your conviction record?

You know, I don't know. Its a good question though, because it highlights the disconnect between what we do and what the public thinks we do. As an administrator, I try to discourage concerns about conviction rates. Prosecutors aren't supposed to care about conviction rates. They are supposed to be willing and able to dismiss cases that they don't think they can win on. Conversely, they should be willing to take a case to trial that they believe in, but where the chance of conviction is lower. That said, the number #1 media inquiry that elected prosecutor's get (and this is true throughout the country) is always "what's your office's conviction rate?" So there's some tension between the political side of the job and the ethical imperative of prosecution.
  • creekguy wrote: »
    Was there a time in your life when, if you had a gun in your hand, you would have, not in self defense or military duty, shot someone?

tough one. I can't think of one, though. I don't normally get that white-hot rage. I tend to be more contemplative, even whilst being insulted.
  • Mary Callenders.

LOL. You can't take L.A. out of the boy. That was my first thought.
  • dryflie wrote: »
    BTW Fords suck.

The hell you say!

Also, this is not a question.
    And Skoal.

THAT ain't happening.
    sherb wrote: »
    The hell you say!

Also, this is not a question.

Excuse me. Let me re-phrase that.

Why do you think that trillions of people think fords suck??
    THAT ain't happening.

I notice you didn't mention the boots. You're one of us, Steven.

But that can wait until your AMA. Sherb, where were you born? You mentioned LA at Comic's reply..... Did you mean you are from there too?
    Excuse me. Let me re-phrase that.

Why do you think that trillions of people think fords suck??

You do know the universal wave that Dodge owners give each other, right? When you pass another Dodge, hold your torque wrench out the window and wave it up and down.
    Mary Callenders.

Seriously?? You know it's Marie Callenders right. And BTW she sucks as much as fords do.
    I Sherb, where were you born?

About 50 miles from here. I've lived in Southern California but I'm from here.
    Seriously?? You know it's Marie Callenders right. And BTW she sucks as much as fords do.

Do you have one of the Restaurants or are you going by the frozen food section?
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 10,003 Senior Member
    How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Do you have any distinguishing birthmarks or tattoos?

Have you really been to Pio's house?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Now that you're moving, are you parking the driftboat in the driveway??

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.