but no, there's no racism at work here.....

Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior MemberPosts: 3,918 Senior Member
seen on Facebook just now, posted by a young FB (former) friend:

"....And as soon as someone puts a .50 cal round thru [Obama's] head he will be out of office. Its called a white house for a reason"

But Obama gets called for using the race card?

Replies

• Obama's the President. Your (former) friend is who again?
  • I hope you called him out before you unfriended him.
  • Scott ButnerScott Butner Senior Member Posts: 3,918 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I hope you called him out before you unfriended him.

it was a "she" and yes, I did.

First of all, the whole thing that started the discussion was her re-posting of a "Daily Currant" article which claimed that Obama was using ObamaCare to start a series of gas stations that would give free gasoline to poor people on the theory that you can't have access to health care if you can't get to the hospital. It went on to explain that since it was unreasonable for gas station attendants to run income checks on people who drive up to fuel their cars, that the policy was basically to "check to see if the driver was black -- white people would still have to pay market price for their gasoline"

The person in question posted this with the explanation that she might as well get out the shoe polish to paint her face, it had finally come to this.

I asked her if she realized that it was satire to which she responded "I don't care, it's still outrageous!"

"Still outrageous? But it's not TRUE! -- what's outrageous about that?"

"people should be putting the energy they used to write this into getting the @#$[email protected] out of office -- and as soon as someone puts a .50 cal round thru [Obama's] head he will be out of office. Its called a white house for a reason"

I told her it is pretty hard to love your country when you hate a large fraction of the people who are Americans.

(I am not especially good at "calling people out", I'll admit).

I continued to get notifications of posts on the thread for a while after I unfriended her. The best part was when one of her girlfriends -- they are both aspiring models -- told her, "no agency is going to want to hire you if they find out you're a racist -- and do you know who you just pissed off? Scott is like one of the best photographers in the area and now he knows you're a racist -- you think that won't get around?"

lol.
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    Wait... us black folk can get free gas?
  • "Aspiring model" is a good start to keeping my stereotypes intact. But how many tats?
    Steven wrote: »
    "Aspiring model" is a good start to keeping my stereotypes intact. But how many tats?

that part, I don't know. I hadn't worked with her yet -- not much chance of that now.

you can't photoshop that kind of ugly away.
    Hextall wrote: »
    Wait... us black folk can get free gas?

sure thing! just look for the sign with the "ObamaStation" logo!
  • HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    This person sounds like a perfect candidate to help us expand the membership here at the Lodge.

I would like to extend this patriot an honorary membership.
  • that part, I don't know. I hadn't worked with her yet -- not much chance of that now.

You're a capitalist. The only color you care about is GREEN, baby.
    Steven wrote: »
    You're a capitalist. The only color you care about is GREEN, baby.

apparently, I'm not a very good one.

I also price my work below what I know ti's worth, because I'd rather work with blue collar folks than the affluent few -- too much sense of entitlement in the latter.

I'm having to reconsider this policy, though -- staying busy but not making enough to bring home a salary is only fun for so long....
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    I continued to get notifications of posts on the thread for a while after I unfriended her. The best part was when one of her girlfriends -- they are both aspiring models -- told her, "no agency is going to want to hire you if they find out you're a racist -- and do you know who you just pissed off? Scott is like one of the best photographers in the area and now he knows you're a racist -- you think that won't get around?"

lol.

Ok, we now need photographic verification of this racist. With a picture of her friend for comparison.

We need to know who these people are, Scott. Do it for 'Merica.
  • apparently, I'm not a very good one.

I also price my work below what I know ti's worth, because I'd rather work with blue collar folks than the affluent few -- too much sense of entitlement in the latter.

I'm having to reconsider this policy, though -- staying busy but not making enough to bring home a salary is only fun for so long....

What did the great philosopher, Mike Tyson, have to say? Everybody has a plan until they're punched in the face.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 8,053 Senior Member

You can't get any closer to the mark than that.

I followed that post for a short time. People are so full of hate, they will believe anything that fits their point of view. When confronted with the truth they will deny it. They are so hateful, they can't admit to being wrong.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,304 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Ok, we now need photographic verification of this racist. With a picture of her friend for comparison.

We need to know who these people are, Scott. Do it for 'Merica.

+1. We need evidence of how ugly this monster is...preferably in a bikini...or maybe not even that...the interweb needs to judge how evil she is.
    jbilly wrote: »
    +1. We need evidence of how ugly this monster is...preferably in a bikini...or maybe not even that...the interweb needs to judge how evil she is.

let's just say that even without her ugly insides, her chances of becoming a model are slim to none.

I'd say the % of women who think they might make a living modeling, who actually have what it takes -- is nearly as low as the % of self-proclaimed "professional" photographers who have more than just a fancy camera.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 10,586 Senior Member
    Scott you dirty dog.... I've always fantasized about walking around with business cards and handing them to desperate but mildly attractive girls, asking if they've ever modeled before.

You do it. Let me fulfill me sick dream vicariously through you.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Would this be the old " Hi, I'm a Playboy/Victoria Secret Photographer gambit"??

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Buffco wrote: »
    Scott you dirty dog.... I've always fantasized about walking around with business cards and handing them to desperate but mildly attractive girls, asking if they've ever modeled before.

yeah, these days it's called Model Mayhem, and one reason I refuse to use the site is that most women who thing they should become models are not much fun to work with (there are obviously exceptions).

I recently announced on my facebook page that I was looking for models to do "sexy but tasteful" shoots for a valentine's day promotion I have in mind. I had 24 female and 8 male volunteers within 24 hours. I can tell you that if I'd made a similar announcement 5 years ago, before I'd established my reputation as a photographer and as a non-creep, I would have had 2-3 volunteers at most.

if you're really out for thrills, tell people you'll shoot their Suicide Girls application photos. Just sayin.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,304 Senior Member

I'd say the % of women who think they might make a living modeling, who actually have what it takes -- is nearly as low as the % of self-proclaimed "professional" photographers who have more than just a fancy camera.

This calls for more research...who's gear costs more...your cameras or the average models enhancements.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    yeah, these days it's called Model Mayhem, and one reason I refuse to use the site is that most women who thing they should become models are not much fun to work with (there are obviously exceptions).

I recently announced on my facebook page that I was looking for models to do "sexy but tasteful" shoots for a valentine's day promotion I have in mind. I had 24 female and 8 male volunteers within 24 hours. I can tell you that if I'd made a similar announcement 5 years ago, before I'd established my reputation as a photographer and as a non-creep, I would have had 2-3 volunteers at most.

if you're really out for thrills, tell people you'll shoot their Suicide Girls application photos. Just sayin.

I need to know, how do you get a reputation as a "non-creep?".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.