Obamacare debacle

Remember the government shutdown?

Nobody else does either.

Replies

• HextallHextall Senior Member Posts: 9,520 Senior Member
    You're the Ed B. of Obamacare. You're doing good work here.

I believe you.
  • I think though that there's an argument that the shutdown diverted attention away from the disastrous Obamacare rollout and Republicans lost a golden opportunity to point out the problems. Chalk that one up to a missed opportunity for the GOP.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,999 Senior Member
    If only obamacare had technocracy.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • sherb wrote: »
    I think though that there's an argument that the shutdown diverted attention away from the disastrous Obamacare rollout and Republicans lost a golden opportunity to point out the problems. Chalk that one up to a missed opportunity for the GOP.

This is true, but it seems to be the gift that's going to give for awhile.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Same can be said for Syria and the bogus "red Line" or Bengazi. Lots of voters will remember the shutdown a year from now, because it struck closer to home and hurt a lot a people here.
  • dryfliedryflie Senior Member Posts: 1,442 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Remember the government shutdown?

Nobody else does either.

Remember the Bush Medicare part D debacle? No. Well in a couple of years no one will remember the Obamacare rollout either.
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” - John Kenneth Galbraith
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,226 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    If only obamacare had technocracy.

I thought it did?
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,930 Senior Member
    No, it just has the same un-healthcare system of the unnecessary insurance industry embedded in it.
  • But the technocrats couldn't put up a website to even get the info to the insurance companies.
    The people who put up the website aren't Technocrats.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,928 Senior Member
    Any chance we can get the same people to put together a welfare and food stamp website?
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 6,873 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    Any chance we can get the same people to put together a welfare and food stamp website?

Dude, that is funny!
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 5,226 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    The people who put up the website aren't Technocrats.

But I bet they were paid with energy credits
  • I'm sure they were software engineers. And engineers run Technocracy. By the transitive property of equality, they're Technocrats.
    They may be technical experts or engineers or technocrats, but only as members of Technocracy Inc. would they be Technocrats. In order to rate the capital T, they would be in favor of replacing the money system with an energy accounting system, thus eliminating the need for politicians, the financial industry and the insurance industry, among other money system institutions.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,954 Senior Member
    They may be technical experts or engineers or technocrats, but only as members of Technocracy Inc. would they be Technocrats. In order to rate the capital T, they would be in favor of replacing the money system with an energy accounting system, thus eliminating the need for politicians, the financial industry and the insurance industry, among other money system institutions.

so the Technocrats are against the monetary system/anti-capitalists

yet they went and incorporated, which gets them lower tax rates, the ability to set up a pension fund, allows for safeguarding of assets, and would allow them to sell stock?

kind of ironic, no?
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • EdB wrote: »

This is like staying at a Holiday Inn. if they just accepted this, they'd be smarter.
    No, they incorporated to maintain the integrity of their ideas from detractors who would pretend to be Technocrats and misinform people.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,954 Senior Member
    No, they incorporated to maintain the integrity of their ideas from detractors who would pretend to be Technocrats and misinform people.

so they don't take any income, and don't take the tax break?
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • ouzelproouzelpro Senior Member Posts: 5,361 Senior Member
    Is it Steve/Ed, or Ed/Steve?

I am requesting my local Tea party rep to cut off Steve/Ed's supply of hand lotion. This will not stand!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.