Death for Nidal Hassan

Replies

• JulietJuliet Posts: 0
    Does the military still hang them or is it now lethal injection? Isn't he in a chair? If they hang him do they drop him in the chair?
    To answer Steven's question, here's a good synopsis of the lengthy appeals process. AND the President has to sign off.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/jury-sentences-nidal-hasan-to-death-for-rampage
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,609 Senior Member
    greenman wrote: »
    Does the military still hang them or is it now lethal injection? Isn't he in a chair? If they hang him do they drop him in the chair?
    From what I've read, lethal injection.
    Well good cause it would be a shame to dent a perfectly good chair dropping it.
    Ninny. You put him in a folding chair for the hanging.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,879 Senior Member
    I am usually against death penalties; having said that though, our intrepid villain wants to be a martyr so by killing him we are doing what he wants. Having him spend the rest of his life in a little brick room would be the right punishment. No 40 virgins, and no hero of the radical Muslim world.

Just a thought

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 9,893 Senior Member
    I am usually against death penalties; having said that though, our intrepid villain wants to be a martyr so by killing him we are doing what he wants. Having him spend the rest of his life in a little brick room would be the right punishment. No 40 virgins, and no hero of the radical Muslim world.

Just a thought

+1xxxxxxxxxx
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    who gives a **** what he wants? This isn't about what he wants. This is about what he owes. Anything less than the death penalty depreciates the seriousness of the crime and is simply inappropriate as punishment.

What mitigation do you see here? Youthful offender? No. Cognitive defects? No. He's a military officer and a psychiatrist. Residual doubt? No. His guilt is not in doubt.

I think this "don't give him what he wants!!" canard is a dodge. If you are opposed to capital punishment, say so. But I say what this guy wants or doesn't want is irrelevant. its what he owes that matters.

Just a thought
    On the other hand holding back the death penalty will give validity to his radical beliefs, and we're making a political statement with our treatment of him.

I'm willing to give him the death penalty if we treat him like a murderer and a criminal, not a Islamic extremist.

I'm willing to give him the death penalty if we treat him like a murderer and a criminal, not a Islamic extremist.

Pretty hard to separate the two.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,974 Senior Member
    Or we could just give him life at hard labor on pig farm. I'm with Earl, but we need a public statement that he gets the death penalty for murder and that is the sole reason for the sentence. Hassan has made a statement about his beliefs. We need to make it clear why he is getting the death penalty and it has nothing to do with Islam. He was a soldier that turned on his country and murdered people, period.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Pretty hard to separate the two.
    See FishTX's statement. He's getting the death penalty because he's a murderer. His motives are immaterial in that they're not mitigating.

On the other hand, if we keep him in prison for life we're saying that his motives DO matter. Death penalty says we don't really care about them, or what he wants.
    You don't have to sell it to me, I get it. I was merely pointing out the "40 Virgins" martyrdom BS.

My post ended with "just a thought" I'm pushing no agenda here.

Gotcha. And for the record, if he were kept in a prison until he died, I'd be fine with that, too.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 3,877 Senior Member
    Can we use the bodies of the two youths that killed the 88 year old vet to beat this guy to death??
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    They should use him for water board practice every day until his appeals are exhausted.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Fly Fisherman stories delivered right to your inbox.